Paying over MSRP for Genesis? Anyone believes it is true and not a trick?

You can’t compare a 2104 C7 to a C8. Completely different caliber car.

1 Like

Everyone, it’s impossible to get one for MSRP immediately. Majority of stores have waiting lists 3+ years long and private parties are selling over MSRP. Gotta pay to play.

2 Likes

Tbf I’m sure that’s what we’ll say about the C9 in 5 years.

1 Like

I would think a huge portion of corvette fanatics are boomers.

C8 > Everything else sub 100k

11 Likes

Lmk when I can get one in blue for 599/mo, please and thanks.

Also, look, an M4 on Vossens, how original.

2 Likes

I understand that, but what GM has managed to do here is change the game when it comes to performance cars. IF you can get one you are basically able to get 75% of a Ferrari SF90 for about 10% of the cost, provided you are able to get one and not pay markup. It’s still an incredible value proposition with the markup I suppose. Even at 95k I’m curious what new mid engined sports car one might consider instead.

3 Likes

In all seriousness, I have never been too into Corvette’s, but I want this one. I like it.

5 Likes

me either, but this seems to be the first one that does not look like a Corvette, if you know what I mean.

Also, the look of the new M3 pushes me away from that, despite being a die-hard BMW fan.

1 Like

No one ever shows the back. :joy:

I’ve seen a few now in person and can’t get over how ugly it is. So yea I think it’s just boomers who think this looks good, ha.

2 Likes

I’m 25, I think it looks good.

4 Likes

whatcha talkin bout willis

3 Likes

I’m 21 and love my car. Not historically a big Corvette guy but it is a ton of car for 82k.

I think the back looks comparable to other mid engine supercars.

5 Likes

There’s something about the proportions in the rear that are just a little too kit car feeling for me. Every time I see one driving around, there’s something about it that just feels off.

From certain angles it can be a little weird looking, but lowering / wheels make it look better.

The Cayman GT4 is better and worth cross shopping.

2 Likes

The C7 was selling over MSRP and a fantastic value (at MSRP) on release. Buy it now if you need to have it now, but it’s GM we’re talking about here and the 20% off sales will eventually come.

I like the C8 but the proportions are off at some angles, don’t like the busy rear, and I’d rather be slower with a manual transmission. Still a fantastic effort by GM.

Back to the GV, also a nice effort but I can’t imagine any Kiahyundai vehicle selling for a premium after a couple years

Yeah, it’s hard to imagine GM will not produce as many of these as people are willing to buy over time. That doesn’t take away from the car, by all accounts it is incredible, but this seems like a car that is much better to delay gratification on, unless money simply doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

You nailed it. Looks like samcrac or tavarish welded an F430-era Ferrari to a Camaro rear.

Not a huge Vette guy but prefer the look of the front-engine ones with long hoods