Over miles. Chance for forgiveness?

The posts just come off rather aggressive towards the dealer. But it is also just black and white text we are reading

We heard you the first time, even if we didn’t reply.

RRFS/Chase is not PFS.

4 Likes

The replies have mostly been that there is no way he isn’t going to get charged because he has a contract. All I am saying is that there is a decent chance in this market that he won’t get charged.

1 Like

TBH I think you got lucky.

2 Likes

If the dealer buys OP’s car, then yes, they won’t get charged for overage miles.

However, if OP does a lease return, then there is a high probability that PFS will charge them for the miles.

:point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:

3 Likes

I forgot to even mention that two were over mileage. These were two range rovers and a tesla.

Can’t speak for Tesla but it’s likely the Range dealers purchased the cars and thus the mileage was moot. Similar situation with Benz occurred with my friend who was missing a key fob at lease end. Didn’t get charged for it but that’s because the car appeared on the dealer’s preowned inventory a week later.

Little to no chance the captive’s are waiving fees.

1 Like

I bet FS subsidiaries of manufacturers already has a feature request to track mileage of leased cars. Tesla etc may have already been doing it.

I am sure you are right, I can see my mileage from the car apps. But not sure that is enough for them, they might need the inspectors report.

Try re-reading it in a sexy female voice.

2 Likes

Carvana, vroom, etc. are not that interested in high-line cars from my experience. I have seen givemethevin be a little more aggressive. You should also call your local dealers to see what they will give you. I think most will be buyers in the sub-$50k area, but you never know.

5 Likes

2018 Macan GTS will probably go for 48k to 55k on the private party circuit.

I’ve been following the forums and looking at a Macan, myself, to replace my 991.1 and X3. Thinking about going down to one car.

Just buy the lease out and sell it. Make 6 or 5k in the process.

It’s not that hard to do, I’ve done several times.

3 Likes

Get a quote from Adam at @DNA_Auto_Wholesale1. He’s local to you and offered a very fair price on a buddy’s Range Rover recently.

1 Like

Life is full of people that think they are entitled

I have experience being over mileage with Porsche. Are you local? Is the salesperson you leased from still there? I would speak directly to them and tell them the situation. Also emphasize that you love the car and hope you get another one (later, saving for a 911 or something). I have returned a Cayenne way over mileage and with some body damage. I stayed with the brand – but I also think that they know us from being in for service and do care about maintaining the relationship. They did not say a word abt my returned Cayenne –
I also had a friend get a lease buyout early for $4k over the predetermined buyout price.

It does not appear OP wants to take the risk hoping for a huge profit.

So if OP adds sales tax to their personal buyout of $48k, it could push the final out of pocket cost to more than $50k, “eating” into their estimated profit.

I get what you are saying. For someone who has never gone through the process, it could be terrifying.

I think the biggest unknown here is what the market will be like in November. $48k isn’t his current buyout, it’s his residual, at least that is what I think I understand.

You are confused, coincidentally the dealer bought the car (instead of returning it to PFS) because it was more profitable for them to do so, the discussion had zero impact on that and they did not write a check to PFS for you.

You never spoke to the party that could but never would waive such charges. It’s nice if you want to think you sweet talked them into covering the costs, but it’s misinformation. If anything, you might have missed out on a sliver of equity if you had shopped it to the dealers directly, who knows. But thank the inflated used car market for that.

There’s dealers on the forums that were handing out $500 cash for Audis at end of lease (including those where buyout > Carvana offer), because there was profit to be made buying low and selling high in an inflated used market. I think they already pulled that promo tho.

Same for

Likely the dealer thought there was positive equity (not sure if you subtracted out sales tax etc.). For some higher end vehicles, the dealers sometimes do outbid Carvana/Shift/Vroom. It’s not something to count on, in normal markets for a volume VW group dealer they’d get a better deal buying from PFS than your buyout.

2 Likes

In the words of my “brand ambassador,” “NEVER do a Porsche lease return; always sell it.” Also, half of the Macan Forum would literally kill for your car. Just saying.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.