Over miles. Chance for forgiveness?

They’re not going to forgive the mileage. They may buy out your lease though, which makes the mileage a moot point. Have you asked the dealer how much they’d buy it for and compare it to your dealer buy out?

7 Likes

Sorry for my ignorance, but your saying there’s a chance the dealer may buy the car that’s leased with Porsche financial?

Yes, that’s correct. Gets you away from paying tax too. Likely they’ll offer less than you could sell it otherwise, but it may be a good happy medium.

7 Likes

VW/Porsche/Audi - not every dealer gets buyout price to buy the car. Only a select few that buy enough used cars from their captive arm have the opportunity to buy it at payoff. Otherwise a dealer has to pay market price - likely why the dealer didn’t offer to take it on the spot.

1 Like

Is there a list somewhere ?

Don’t think so - for VW it’s something like they have to buy 80 cars from VW (either off lease or on their portal) every quarter. Doubt that stuff is public info

1 Like

How many miles are you over today? Do you have a second car you can drive to avoid these overage fees?

The dealer has nothing to do with the overage fees. You can call the captive/bank who approved you for the lease and see if you can prepay for some miles.

10k miles over. Porsche financial

Absolutely, and this is most likely the route that I would take. Trade the vehicle in (having a dealer purchase it), avoid the sales tax and hassle of selling yourself.

1 Like

Call them up then.

Go in peace my son …you are forgiven

15 Likes

I turned in a range rover in may with 5k over miles. Said nothing, and never got charged for it.

In this market I would take the chance of staying silent and see how it plays out. Dealership will most likely buy the car and flip it fast.

1 Like

is it possible to find a dealer that will purchase it from you?

That’s what I’m hoping

Just curious what Macan are you leasing that you can sell for $60k with what I would assume to be around 40k-50k miles? It is an S or GTS?

1 Like

It’s a Macan gts with a custom color(pts)

I have two 17s with a $25k MSRP price difference with only a $2k spread between asking price, so PTS doesn’t matter. You don’t recoup the cost once you start getting above a certain point.

1 Like

All the research I’ve done says the car could sell for 60k easily in the crazy market right now. Even kbb has it for 58k without pts factored in.

What did carvana/carvmax/etc offer you for it?

1 Like

Let me say this again, PTS is irrelevant unless it is on a 911 GT model and even then people are particular. We had a PTS Macan GTS that sat here forever since no one knew about it or wanted to pay extra for a color.

Used car market is cooling down and I don’t think you will find a buyer willing to pay $60k for non-CPO with what I would assume is over 40k miles. I have a CPO 18 Macan Turbo with a little less miles for not much more.

2 Likes