Over miles. Chance for forgiveness?

I have two 17s with a $25k MSRP price difference with only a $2k spread between asking price, so PTS doesn’t matter. You don’t recoup the cost once you start getting above a certain point.

1 Like

All the research I’ve done says the car could sell for 60k easily in the crazy market right now. Even kbb has it for 58k without pts factored in.

What did carvana/carvmax/etc offer you for it?

1 Like

Let me say this again, PTS is irrelevant unless it is on a 911 GT model and even then people are particular. We had a PTS Macan GTS that sat here forever since no one knew about it or wanted to pay extra for a color.

Used car market is cooling down and I don’t think you will find a buyer willing to pay $60k for non-CPO with what I would assume is over 40k miles. I have a CPO 18 Macan Turbo with a little less miles for not much more.

2 Likes

There are regular color macan gts 2018s bear me for over 60k with similar miles. I understand pts isn’t going to add much value to a used model, but non pts models are going for that much.

That what they are asking, not necessarily getting. Good luck but I don’t think it is worth $60k selling it yourself and especially without CPO.

2 Likes

Definitely right about that, which is why I don’t want to risk buying it and getting who knows what for it. I’m more trying to find a way out of the mileage overage and I think the current high priced market can aid in that

49, which is more than my buyout

Sounds like your $60k price isn’t really supported by the current market conditions then.

2 Likes

Why would the dealer forgive it and take the car back? They can get $4500 AND sell it for a profit, or not have to worry about it.

1 Like

What are you talking about? Going over mileage is allowed in the contract at a pre-determined charge. OP wanting to use current market conditions to avoid the charge is entirely reasonable.

I don’t think there’s a very low-effort path here OP, but I would spend an hour getting some quotes if the buyout to sell is reasonable. If your time is worth over $500/hr maybe don’t bother and eat the cost.

1 Like

Has me wondering, are there auto brokers/services for selling your car and handling all the paperwork?

Because if I buy the car for the residual price agreed upon, there’s no more profit for them.

Because the Carvana is a little low? That’s without inspection and without the paint to sample factored in. Every similar car is listed 55-65k

Because Carvana will actually cut you a check and someone’s asking price on a resale is not actual money until everyone agrees to it.

(and you have a dealer with no vested interest in your deal making consistent statements above)

1 Like

I will, just thought I’d ask around so I know what I’m asking them

But if Carvana is willing to cut a check for 49, it’s because they know there is room to profit, no? They’re not going to pay market value, they’re a reseller

1 Like

I sold a vehicle to carvana a few months ago for about $40k a few months ago and watched as they turned around and sold it. They sold it for about $1000 more than they bought it from me for.

No sh*t. The contract states that you are allowed X number of miles for x term. If that contract is not abided by, then there are the stipulations of excess mileage fees, excess wear/tear, etc. OP failed to stay within the allotted mileage, so there is a penalty due. Why would a captive simply waive such type of fees?

Wow. This is why I don’t want to buy the car and take the risk of making money or not, but since my dealer already told me I could sell the car for 60k(whether true or not) as leverage for getting them to cover the mileage overage so they have the opportunity to sell the car for profit