Ordered Jan 15 - 2021 BMW X3 xDrive30i - Can they change the deal later?

I think I did an okay job getting this deal on a build to order X3, but let me know your thoughts. This is my first time going through the build to order process so I’m still not sure what to expect. Every broker I spoke to said they wouldn’t even consider 12% on a build. So I’m worried when I go to pick up the car, the dealer is going to change the price on me. I did put down a non-refundable deposit and signed a bunch of paperwork, but I didn’t have to sit with the F&I manager or anything. I received my production number and can track it under my vehicles on the BMW website but am I missing something? Can they change the deal on me upon delivery?

I read on Leasehackr for months and when I was finally ready to lease I sent about 20 emails to dealerships in NY and NJ letting them know I am targeting 12% off MSRP. Most said they weren’t even close. Some said the best they could do was 9.5%. 1 dealership in NJ was willing to do 11%, which I was going to go with, but the GSM told me he was sick and OOO so the paperwork would need to wait a day. In the meantime a few hours later, the one dealership that didn’t reply to me finally did, and said they would match the 11%. It was going to work out to my advantage as the doc fee is lower in NY vs NJ, plus no toll and long commute to NJ whereas the Long Island dealer was 20 mins away. I told them I have an OL code I want to use (even though I’ve heard conflicting information whether OL can be stacked with fleet or not, but I gave it a shot). The final numbers in the calculator are exactly what I am paying DAS and Monthly, but I am not 100% certain thats how they got there. I dont have any paperwork showing me how I got there. Just what my monthly will be for the next 35 months, my DAS and my yearly miles.

Question: Anyone have an idea how low I can negotiate the tire and wheels coverage to?

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 BMW X3 xDrive30i (Phytonic Blue Metallic with Cognac Vernasca Leather)
MSRP: $52,385
Selling Price: $46,099
Monthly Payment: $459
Drive-Off Amount: $3,238 + DMV
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10K
MF: .00086
Residual: 56%
Incentives: $2500 ($1,750 lease cash + $750 corporate fleet)
Region: Long Island, NY
Leasehackr Score: 8.7
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR!

Email I sent the dealerships:

Paperwork I was provided:

Don’t think OL code applies to custom builds IIRC. The terms on the OL code should state that it’s only applicable on in stock vehicles.

Yeah, I dont think it’s supposed to work, thats why I am not 100% sure how we got to those final numbers, but based on my calculations its with 12% off msrp.

Did you submit a credit app?

Yes they ran my credit and it was approved.

1 Like

Then the current program (MF, RV and lease cash) is locked in for 60 days (90 if west coast) for you.

You have the choice of taking the program existing at the time of delivery if it happens to be better

2 Likes

Hope you got a worksheet that’s signed by management with a sale price pre incentive.

Thanks. Besides that, they can’t just back out or cancel the deal entirely right?

The image I attached is the only paperwork I received a copy of. I did sign several other pages such as credit approval and a sheet with the grid that has the breakdown of 7,500 miles vs 10,000 vs 12,000 with the out of pocket and monthly etc. however I didn’t get a copy of that.

Yeah you’ll want a copy of the #s

1 Like

So is the paperwork of the image I attached not sufficient?

It may be, but do you really want to count on that to be binding?

I just sent an email requesting that. Hopefully no issues. Thanks for the guidance.

1 Like

We have leased 2 X3s from a local dealer in Northern Virginia from the same rep. Both times we have ordered, we’ve gotten a pretty decent, (not amazing, but we’re satisfied) deal on the car, and we sign the order sheet with our rep that has the agreed-upon price on it so there’s no bull. The only thing our rep has told us about the payments is that the residuals change all the time and the dealer doesn’t have any control over them, so they can’t promise us the monthly payment won’t change a little bit from the time we order it. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Depending on how long the order takes to fulfill your programs should lock.

Do you think this is sufficient? @IAC

You’re worrying unnecessarily. They don’t profit from the programs changing for the worse (eg if RV drops).

You’re also protected against the programs worsening by the 60-day lock, which should be more than long enough to deliver a US-built vehicle.

2 Likes

I got the same document as yours - asked them to get it signed by the Sales Manger and they did.

1 Like

Same dealership?

No - it’s a different dealership. If you really need some assurance from a BMW dealer on which paperwork is usually signed, then reach out to @BMW_Dave

Thanks!

1 Like