Ordered Jan 15 - 2021 BMW X3 xDrive30i - Can they change the deal later?

Gotchya. Much appreciated.

@wkhatri I’m in a very similar situation but for an X5. Couldn’t find the build I want anywhere in the tristate so was planning to build. All of a sudden the build I want shows up in inventory at that exact dealership. I read less than stellar things about them on the Long Island Authentic Reviews Facebook page so I’ve been hesitant to contact them. Was also trying to go through NJ for the MSDs but dreading that pickup. New build on an X5 there would also be closer to 9%, according to brokers I spoke with too. If a NY dealership offered more than 9% to offset the loss of MSDs then it would be worth it. I know it’s a different car so different deal but I guess it couldn’t hurt to reach out. Did they say they wouldn’t replicate your deal? Definitely hope it works out for you!!

@Leasinggreen

• wow I did not know that, and now I am a bit concerned what to expect when it comes time to pick up the car 4 to 6 weeks
  • Various brokers I spoke to the best they were able to do on the build was 11.5% and that was over a 3 Hour Dr. for me plus the dock fee was a lot higher. So at 12% this was a pretty strong deal
  • I did ask if this was a deal they could replicate, and was advised it will vary scenario by scenario such as the car and the build and what not

I will close the loop in 4 to 6 weeks and provide everybody with an update once I go to pick up the car.

Percentage discount means nothing in isolation. Is it attached to buyrate or marked up MF? Is the doc fee $75 or $750? @Leasinggreen

1 Like

@max_g I know, but OP included all of that in his email to the dealership and in his LH calc link. I wouldn’t just ask for the same 12% discount, I’d want same base MF and doc fees (which, as far as I can tell, are limited by nys anyways). I’m not trying to get the ultimate deal, I just want a particular car and know what I’m willing to pay for the total lease cost. They can structure it however they want to just as long as it’s within my total lease cost budget for that msrp. I’d even do one-pay if that made sense. I know what you’re saying though, but I’m not attached to the discount, just the total lease cost.

Good to see you’ve got it all covered

Seeing some people throw around percentages like confetti recently and I’m like :flushed:

Anyway if you can get an NY dealer to match an NJ or CT offer, all else being equal, that will save you around $500 on the doc fee delta (BMW MSD also became less appealing at just .00004 reduction each)

1 Like

@max_g yeah the MSDs were saving us around $1100 but I’d leave that on the table if I could just find a car with the specs I actually want, so $500 difference would still be a win to me.

Of course for all you know I could have some completely insane total lease cost number in my head :joy:

Tbh, had I known from the start that I’m probably fighting for like $4k over the span of 3 years, I would’ve just taken the first car that met my needs at near sticker, and gotten the last 4 weeks of my life back. But now I’ve come too far

Did you ever find an answer to this? Also, did you fill out the credit app when the order was placed or before?

I was given a price sheet reflecting the discount and other fees. Has the sales managers name on it but no signatures. They told me they’ll put the build in on Sunday but haven’t made me put a deposit or a credit app but told me the deal is locked in.

Also have multiple emails from sales manager confirming the discount along with Mf. Not sure if that’s enough though.

Is this the same dealership or another?

I did sign a credit app and they ran my credit later that evening. Also I left a deposit. The next day I was provided the Production number and am able to track my build online.

As far as paperwork goes, all I have is everything I’ve shared on this forum.

Different dealership.

Was this before they put you order in or after? You said you were provided the production number next day, not sure if that becomes available immediately after order submission or if there’s a wait.

Just curious, what’s the reason to special order this Convenience package model when you could option a Executive Package for just $1300 more? I had a 2019 X3 spec’d almost identically to the one you ordered but, at the time, they were much more discounts and it was in-stock unit. Had I ordered one I’d have got the Executive for the headlight upgrade alone.

Friday Afternoon signed credit app paperwork.
Friday night received an alert from one of my apps notifying my credit was run by BMW FS.
Saturday afternoon I was provided the production number to track the build.

1 Like

I did an order as the time for delivery lines up with when my current lease ends and this way I am locked into both Jan and/or Feb programs, whichever are stronger.
No one in the area had the same color combo I wanted, phytonic blue with cognac. Or they had the car but it was very expensive.
I built out the car the way I wanted and minimizing my payments at the same time. When building a car, you can easily get carried away and just adding stuff you may not need. I did consider the executive package but decided to pass. Hope I dont regret it now. I know there is a difference in the headlights, just wasnt sure how much of a difference.

Great choice, mine is this exact combo too. Added matte wood interior trim which would pair nicely with cognac. I didn’t get premium or executive either, just DA pro, parking plus and M adaptive. My dealer didn’t take a deposit of any kind though or even made me fill a credit app, just told me they’ll put the order in Sunday. From what I understand they’re changing one of their existing slots which goes into production the soonest to my build spec.

Mind sharing the link to your build? Would like to see the difference.

Here it is :

https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-own.html#/studio/ee1ei80c/summary

1 Like

I understand on the price, I like the color combo you picked! I almost bought a X3 M40i with the same colors.

The difference is really headlights (brighter, turn with steering, auto high beams), bigger wheels, gesture control, heads up display and maybe a couple of more items. The headlights on the normal were ok, but the front turn signals aren’t LED. If you don’t care about that you’ll be fine, it just annoyed me on my X3. Dealers don’t option their cars well so I get the ordering to get what you want.

Yeah I tried the heads up display and didn’t care for it. I’m more of an Apple Car Play and Waze guy so the heads up display doesn’t help. The gesture control seems more like a gimmick to me. Yes the headlights were the only determining factor and almost had me hooked too but couldn’t justify the $15 a month for it.

1 Like

Yeah, I get it. Like I said, I had a 2019 almost with the exact equipment and it was nice car. I’ll get another once the 2022 LCI happens!

Just to close the loop here for anyone that may be following this post, I picked up my car today. The entire process was smooth and took less than 30 mins. F&I Manager offered me the upgrades, told him wasn’t worth it, he didn’t push and moved on and finished the paperwork. The deal didn’t change a single cent from last month.

Went to the parts department to pick up BMW rubber liners, installed them and was on my way. Parts Manager also discounted the mats because I showed him online prices which were cheaper.

Will hopefully post pics a little later. Horrible weather in NY.