Order Placed (And Rates Locked?) 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xE - MSRP $55,525 - $388 DAS and $388/month including WA tax

Is the 70 year old coming out in Mike :joy:

All - FYI - saw this on another forum:

šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦ placed my order Monday. Hope it went thru and doesnā€™t take 6 months to come inā€¦

Was in touch with your dealer finalized the build and price and they were supposed to take my deposit. Now saying they canā€™t put orders for 2021MY since 2 days ago and will let me know when 2022 shows up.

Huh interesting. Wonder if theyā€™re cutting off 2021 MY early due to shortage and just hoping for the best with 2022.

@Mods if this turns out to be true across the board then this deal is likely dead and we can close the threadā€¦

I think the whole thing was a plan to lower average fleet MPG for the manufacturer maybe before merger deadlines or to avoid penalties. And probably they hit their target already. Just thinking loud. They did not have to discount it this much to move them.

I doubt that is it. The GA dealer says there were a lot of tire kickers but few buyers. Maybe we can take Jeep at their word and it is really is due to the chip shortage. Heck, they are only doing 1 key fob on vehicles now.

I was planning to put an order in this Friday. No big deal. The New Grand Cherokee will probably be a better fit for the driving I do and desired comfort level in a daily driver.

I guess we shall find out today if the window on this has closed. I certainly hope notā€¦But if so, congrats to those who have gotten their orders ināœ”ļø

How will we know?

No issues on orders from what we know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to know - I wonder if it is dealer specific? X allocation for the MY.

Does anyone know if dealers loss money selling you a car with affiliate code? Iā€™ve been told by a couple of dealers they donā€™t was to sell affiliate code when they can get MSRP.

Our first are just arriving

Pre sold them all

5 Likes

Itā€™s dealer specific. The Auburn, WA dealer ran out of allocation. It seems like they were taking more orders than possible, possibly as a hedge against the tire kickers or they may have truly just been surprised when they were finally placing the orders. Iā€™m one of the unfortunate ones with a cancelled ordered but iā€™m not too pissed. Hopefully the other guy iā€™m talking to pulls through.

I always thought they got reimbursed by using the code.

Yeah, I think this ordering problem that has been
mentioned is dealer specific.

Translationā€¦we can make a lot more money selling to somebody else :-). Honestly, you canā€™t fault a dealer for this. If they are not a high-volume dealer, they are making their money per car.

1 Like

Looks like it is only allocation issue. Other dealers can put orders afaik. Itā€™s a matter of finding one who is willing to go that low.

Well this canā€™t be true, I ordered mine last night and all is fine