Opportunity to get a good deal on Range Rover Sport-- but should I do it?

Who makes those wheels? They are clean! :ok_hand:t4:

The wheels are for sure, as already noted, badass. Super sweet.

How does it ride on those thin thin sidewalls?

Beautiful ride.

Well enjoy, that’s awesome!

1 Like

The wheels are Giovanna Dilijan.

This may be true but then again I’ve heard the exact same thing every time LR has changed hands.

The RRS is as common as the 3 series around socal. Nothing too special about that car plus this current generation is dated and stale. Based on what you’ve written you’ve talked yourself out of this.

2 Likes

Enjoy the range. I would have gone with the RR instead of X3. Great deal as well for the 80k one.

3 Likes

How is the current generation dated, they just had a mid cycle refresh and changed all the tech and lights to make it up to date?

1 Like

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

This current generation is nearly 7 years old and that includes the underpinnings, chassis, engine, transmission, software, etc. The refresh was largely cosmetic. Aesthetically it’s showing it’s age too.

I think the design of the full size RR (8 years old) has aged well.

1 Like

True - although they just introduced new inline 6 cylinder engines for 2019.5. Infotainment system was completely changed in 2017, and then updated with dual screens in 2018. 2018 also saw a nice facelift that helps modernize the car, and looks better imo. There still aren’t any SUVs whose design I like better, including the full-size RR and Velar.

So, I picked it up this morning. Looked beautiful of course. The new turbo inline 6 feels much smoother and more powerful than the only supercharged v6 (though its been a while since i tried one of those). Also pulls more strongly than the 0-60 times suggest. Feels faster than my X3 35i, though on paper the X3 is faster. Kinda wish it had paddles-- weird that they make those standard on the Discovery and not the so-called “Sport”. Less throttle delay than the X3. Steering is surprisingly better too. Overall, just a really nice car to drive. The quality, materials and fit/finish is way better than the X3 (talking about my last gen X3 here I think they stepped up their game w/ the latest one). The leather is something I’d want on my couch. Stereo is good, but only slightly better than the h/k in the X3 (this one has the 380 watt meridian not the 825 watt one). No auto-hold for the parking brake, but I do have adaptive cruise.

Infotainment and cluster are not as fast/easy/slick to use as BMWs but I knew that going in. Voice control is not even in the same league. CarPlay it is. A couple other downsides that I hand’t realized are that the seats are really firm. Wonder if its related to having the cooled seats- i actually read similar complaints on the X3 forums interestingly. Really odd in a vehicle like this though. Guess I’ll see how it is on longer trips. My wife thinks they’re great though. Also, it somehow feels less roomy (in terms of legroom) than the X3 and there’s less storage space ( I miss the underfloor compartment in the rear, drivers side glove box and the large door bins. There is a large compartment under the cupholders and a second glovebox but still not quite as convenient. This car has the cooler in the center console which also takes a away some storage room, though it is a cool (sorry) feature. Car seat was also a PITA to install, but luckily you dont’ do that every day.

It’s nice having a car again where you want to look back at it when you park it. The x3 never did it for me-- but got a great lease deal on it and it was great at everything I asked of it.

3 Likes

Enjoy the vehicle!

1 Like

OP, let’s see some pics!

1 Like

Disagree re software.

Thank you! :smile:

Please can you post the lease calculator score or the lease offer snapshot. I am trying to Negotiate a similar deal here in Oklahoma. It will help me. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Its an employee PIN. Thats the only way to get this deal.

1 Like

Also Oklahoma tax law kinda screws you a bit as it’s similar to Texas where it’s due at signing (or capitalized) on the sale price of the vehicle. :neutral_face:

I’m in Oklahoma and tried looking up the details on the Oklahoma Tax Commission website. I didn’t find any mention to lease at all. So the way I understand it, most other states tax on the price of the lease, where Oklahoma and Texas charge it on the actual total price of the vehicle (or possible a little less for a reasonable negotiated price for the vehicle)? So if you leased a $100,000.00 vehicle for $1,000 a month for 36 months, you would be paying tax on $100,000.00 if you were in OK/TX. If you were in most other states you would be paying tax on $36,000.00? Am I following that correct? If so, this would be a major deterrent to leasing in these states.