Opportunity to get a good deal on Range Rover Sport-- but should I do it?

Besides the badge, interior/exterior looks way nicer, and you’re comparing ‘entry-level’ ‘3 series’ model from BMW to range rover? Idk

Also whoever says 40i is an exciting car to drive probably never drove a real exciting car… drove X3M and it was not exciting at all, just an SUV that is ‘pretty fast’.

YMMV tho :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And a base RRS is exciting?

So… the badge

3 Likes

No, it’s not exciting at all, it’s just more comfortable/luxurious than X3, in my opinion, and that’s the purpose of an SUV of this type.

Interesting discussion and certainly many good points. Apparently that base model is not available anymore. Instead they have a white HSE model that stickers for 80k and includes stuff like 20" wheels, opening sunroof, adaptive cruise and cooled seats. The deal on that would be 720 for 33/10 with just first payment DAS. More than I had originally wanted to spend, but includes some features I really want. I’m going to pull the trigger. We’ll see if it actually happens.

2 Likes

Sounds like an awesome deal, keep us updated if you sign :slight_smile:

Since your lease isn’t up until Jan’20, might as well wait til Dec when BMW is likely to have more aggressive offers and see what you can get then. Either an X3 M40i, or if not, maybe an X5 40i would make more sense for you given what you’ve described.

Either way, it doesn’t sounds like you really even want the RRS, outside of the cool factor of of saying ‘I drive a Range Rover’ for however long that novelty lasts.

PIN deal or GM’s Son in law?

Turns out my wife loves the RRS. She has “no interest” in an X5. Since, honestly, she does the bulk of the driving I figured why not. One of the advantages of leasing is that you’re not stuck with a car for too long. Hopefully this one won’t be a headache. Anyway, I head over to the dealer to sign paperwork later today - will see if it all checks out.

1 Like

Its a PIN…

1 Like

Ok, that’s a different story then. If she loves the RRS and has no interest in an X5, in that case, I’d say go for it. Let us know how it shakes out.

I guess if you really want the badge and care not for the features that make it worth having, sure. Base models just aren’t my thing personally. :grin:

Example:
When I picked up the X3 M40i, We had a choice between that and a nearly base X5 40i MSport for a similar price everything said and done.

Picked up the X3 as it had the features we wanted rather than live with a stripped down X5 just to have the newer, flashier car.

I do not disagree with you. I am actually in minority here on this website because people here are chasing ‘best deal possible’ most of the times. I like coupes. I like flashy colors. I like more miles. Sometimes my leases don’t look as pretty as others here but it’s just because I picked a vehicle that I really liked. That being said, I’d still go for a RR sport vs X3 M40i :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I guess there isn’t much more point to this thread as the OP (Or actually OP’s spouse) has made up their mind.

I’ve produced some pretty solid unicorns out of shopping the deal over the car and it certainly served its purpose in lessons learned that eventually aided me in shopping the right deal on the right car.

Interesting that you shopped the same two vehicles as me. I went with an okay lease on the right vehicle and ended up with a left over 2019 RR Sport HSE, MSRP of 83k for 72k and ended at 923/mo for 33mo and 10k miles / year with 2500 DAS. I love the vehicle and feel great about the deal. Full disclosure it’s my wife’s vehicle.

3 Likes

What size are those wheels? Those tires look practically painted on! Sharp nonetheless.

24”. More tire than what you see here. It’s in access height here. A buddy gave me the wheels and tires for $1k. Still have the stock 21’s.

1 Like

Holy cannoli those are big wheels.

As for OP, go with the car you love - it’s clearly the BMW.

1 Like

Well, I just signed for it. The deal was as described. Picking it up on Saturday morning! I’m a lot more excited about it then I was in my original post-- turned out to be a good thing that I had to spring for the better equipped model. Having the bigger wheels makes it look much better and on the inside it has the really nice leather that RR is known for plus cooled seats and adaptive cruise (which the original deal didn’t have).

4 Likes

Damn good deal on that RR. Enjoy…

2 Likes

No wonder, try the next gens. Tata really turning around the brand for the better in my opinion.