(OPINION) Some things never change ...GM needs another GOVT bailout .... for the BOLT

Iā€™d guess they did not have snow tires. Itā€™s like night and day difference.

I agree with your other points. We only have 1 EV so far out of 2 cars for some of the same reasons.

Heā€™s kind of occupied answering my other questions. SUV Tax credit is actually on the bottom of the list.

This thread certainly went off the tracks.

And I would request that the admins (@littleviolette @michael ) change the title of this thread, as it is completely misleading and wrong. Perhaps ā€œGM CEO Mary Barra requests extension of federal tax creditā€ or something like that.

1 Like

As a trusted_hackr, you can change the title. Is it ironic that another trusted_hackr posted this misleading title though? Haha.

2 Likes

OP here - not just any OP but Crystal balls himself :slight_smile:

Freedom of speech - donā€™t like the title? Create your own lol ā€¦ this is not misleading. Misleading is someone who would post $99 BOLT lease and then withhold the fact that there is 3999 cash down.

True but you canā€™t really get a model 3 right now, without waiting 12 months and settling for a variant you may not like ā€¦ Wake me up when ā€¦

Yes people vote with their wallets. Right now, 220k SUVs per month versus 2k Bolts per month. So EVs have lots more room to grow and improve but they are puny part of the market

I think this line of thinking is more suited for Europe and China than the US of A. Here we prefer demand be market-driven

Bottom line
GM will never ever turn a profit on Volt, Bolt or Dolt. They do not know how to make an EV, market it and be profitableā€¦ thanks for playing. And the same probably applies to most ICE car makers. Hence the tile - without subsidies/bailout, GM sees the writing on the wall for its BOLT

I even know the guy with crystal balls here who posts bait-and-switch dealer ads without any disclosures, like they are really awesome deals.

And many are a complete mess if you can get one, but I digress

You mean the Alfa Romeo $299 ads? Yeah that guy sucks ā€¦ He doesnā€™t tell us about the 2999 ccr + 799 dealer ā€œprocessingā€ fee
/original/2X/6/6f8a7932b907d85780072935b0f18dfb080b5884.jpg

That is why I posted the link (instead of another screenshot) to the full disclosure in the same post. But itā€™s for people who can read.

Fight nice, boysā€¦:grin:

I always fight clean :slightly_smiling_face:

Yet they still had the #2 best selling BEV last year. Imagine if GM actually tried. Lol

I do like the new title ā€¦ I will grant you that it is an opinion piece

I do not understand ā€œif GM triedā€ Are you saying they are not trying to make a profit on BOLT or EV? If so, why is Mary Barra going on about incentives, tax credits, increase in prod etc etc. Cognitive dissonance? Ivory tower speak? at least Tesla strategy and sales tactic leave no doubt ā€¦

True he starts clean but after the fight the underwear may have some stains (front and back)

this actually reinforces the thesis. If GM keeps not trying with the BOLT, sooner or later they will either give up or be forced to give up. Like I said, writing on the wall. You donā€™t beg for subsidies if things are flying off the shelvesā€¦

Hey! Who classified this as FUD?

Why do you refer to me as ā€œheā€ when responding to my post? LOL

yes I forgot. he/she/it ā€¦
Sorry I am not up to date on the gender confusion pronouns

I take it this was not about me then.