Opinion about following Model S deal

Hi Everyone,

I have come across a deal to lease a used 2022 Tesla Model S (25k miles) with FSD for 2 years at a going rate of $1 per mile. No upfront payment involved and I will be a secondary owner for the entire duration. I am not a huge fan of Tesla but always held Model S at a high pedestal. I already have Ioniq5, which I am very satisfied with and I will be getting rid of my old 130 mile range EV to make room for Model S. What does community think about this deal? Makes sense?

Sounds sketchy, but I will play along. How many miles do you expect to drive?

Is $1/mile just the average? Is this a lease takeover?

What’s your actual monthly payment and remaining miles if so?

We commute together, love our Ioniq5 and we don’t anticipate to use Model S very often except for occasions or when we make parallel plans. The original owner is leaving the country for few years and doesn’t want to sell the car. The part that bothers us most is that we might end up constantly think about the meter when we drive the car.

This is not a lease takeover. Original owner fully paid for it.

Sounds risky for the owner. He/she must really trust you. There is no where else in the world where you can lease a Model S for $20k for 2 years. Definitely a good deal if you’re looking for a Model S. And the plus is you pay by the mile, so if you only use 5k miles, you only my $5k. That’s an awesome deal.

$1 per mile sounds expensive, I wouldn’t do it

1 Like

Sounds like a great deal if you use it occasionally or even a lot. If you drive it 5k miles per year that would be $417/month, 10k miles would be $834/month. Either one would be fantastic. No need to worry about tax or anything else. I would assume they are keeping the insurance because the car will be in their name. You wouldn’t have to worry about that either. I would jump on this.

I agrée but some people are paying more than that for EQS and base macans

This is a used Model S which has already clocked 25K. The question here would be : Is Model S worth it :smile: ?

The car would be on my insurance too and I will added a co-owner for that brief period. The main question here would be : Is Model S worth it :slight_smile: ?

Only you can answer that question. Ask the owner if you can use it for couple of days on your commute with your spouse. It’s definitely much nicer than the Model 3.

Have you owned Model S previously? Do you think it is worth the stretch?

I’ve only demoed it, was a fun car but I would not pay 1$/mile for it.

Worth is personally subjective. We are more able to advise on the value.

I have owned a 2021 Model S Long Range and currently own a 2017 Model S 100D.

I would gladly trade either one of them for your deal, but would also love to get FSD.

If you could use another vehicle, go for it. Just out of curiosity, which trim/options etc?

I test drove it for few mins and I found it alright. Wanted to know more from people who driven/owned Model S or cars of similar ilk and whether the experience is worth the price. I am not someone who prefers to splurge money on cars.

That’s a huge thumbs-up for the deal. Any reason you got rid of 2021 Model S LR ?

But that’s the kicker. It’s a rental car that is always available to you. Use it when you want/need it. Don’t use don’t pay . Your only obligation is the insurance.

2022 White Model S LR (405 mile) with FSD