Opinion about following Model S deal

I couldn’t deal with the Yolk and, at that time, no real option for a round wheel.
Ultimately I found I got similar enjoyment on a pre-refresh Model S, at a much lower price point.

The Model S feels like a much more substantial vehicle, versus an Ioniq 5.
Having been in both, I find the Model S much more comfortable.

This one has yoke steering wheel too. I can’t help but wonder if I am better off buying a brand new Model S and sell it after 2-3 years.

The problem with buying new is justifying the considerable expense of FSD, when you get very little return on it in the secondary market. The best way to get FSD is by purchasing used so the first owner takes the hit.

The advantage of buying new is low APR, 3 years of supercharging, round wheel option and HW4.

I am not going to buy FSD even if I bought Model S. It has poor ROI in my opinion.

Not at $1 per mile for typical usage. That would be $36,000 on a typical lease.

Now if you just want to go out once in a while that’s fine. Like sub 300 miles per month. Maybe a per-mile insurance policy will save some money on the insurance too.

We are rarely using our second car and have clocked 12k on it since 4 years. It’s a 128 mile range EV which has been used a commute car before we got Ioniq5. Model S will be used as a standby car unless we succumb to the temptation. lol

1 Like

I have a 22 model S LR financed the whole thing 2.5%, intrest rate with wells fargo $1355 payment had it for 12 months already has 10k miles. Love it