Ohio Removes Front License Plate Requirement, Joining 19 Other States

Sorry. :frowning:

If it makes you feel any better, my holes are too small for my plugs.

(Yes, I know… that’s what she said…)

6 Likes

Yikes. eBay parts came to ruin the day again

3 Likes

Thanks again for suggesting this.

I received mine in June of 2022 :spiral_calendar: , and I’m pleased to report that I had them put in today. :snail:

The existing holes were a little too small, and I wasn’t able to find any evidence that we have a drill here.

But the dealer was kind enough to take care of the job while my car was in for service, which is a decent consolation prize since they weren’t washing customers’ cars today. :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

So I got my Macan in a one-plate state, got NY plates, haven’t drilled front hole yet and got two improper front plate tix in 24 hrs…

A. what do people use for front plate in NY without drilling holes? Is the tow hook thing any good?

B. Can I fight one or two of these given I just for state inspection done and switched to these plates yesterday?

What’s such a big deal about 2 small holes in a plastic bumper? @trism found simple plugs.

1 Like

Agree

1. No plate
  2. Drill the holes
  3. Tow hook

PBA card. :grin:

3 Likes

You must live in NYC… right?

Knock on wood but I’ve been driving in NY for 7+ years, almost all of them with no front plate, and I’ve only ever gotten one ticket. No shot my Macan is getting an ugly front plate on it.

3 Likes

The PBA card will do nothing for you while car is parked lol

1 Like

Driving in NYC, you might be able to get away with it. If you’re parked at a metered spot for an extended period of time, the parking agents may get you.

I hate front plate also, but everytime I look at my bent, ding-up plate, I think to myself, that could have been my bumper

Or if you’re lucky enough, you have camaro, where the plate is so low, some car backs up into yours and somehow they hit your bumper!

I park on a no meter street. Usually only get tickets if I’m on the wrong side for street cleaning. But got a midday rando cop 12 hours after my first front plate ticket.

My friend uses 3m double sided tape on his X5M, if you don’t want to drill

1 Like

Not suggesting this for obvious reasons but this will do the trick

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295579604826

2 Likes

Get the one where you can slide the front plate under
SNS303_2__19584.1651097141_grande

1 Like

2 Likes

Meter maid mad.

1 Like

Tow hook one from Amazon for like $20. Installed it for my dad.

1 Like

I could never put a front plate on this beauty

2 Likes

That is what I did but the second tow hook mount I ordered is also short and the plate basically sits on the paint once fully screwed in

Also I thought I preferred this but May end up drilling the holes as I don’t like the look of the off center plate at all

This is probably the best one (or best I could find) but it’s steeep.

https://stonsho.com/front-license-plate-for-2022-2023-porsche-macan-sns313/

Also haven’t put one on the macan myself and drive to NYC daily. You got me thinking they’re going to get me while parked.