Off Topic Landfill

see also: https://www.macmulkin.net/VehicleSearchResults?search=new&make=Chevrolet&model=Corvette&trim=Z06+1LZ,Z06+2LZ,Z06+3LZ&cs:e=g&cs:gn=s&cs:cid=284311690546&cs:kw=%2Bcorvette%20%2Bz06%20%2Bleasing&cs:p=&cs:tv=3514&cs:a=mf_corvette_retention_search&cs:pro=chvcorvnwc&cs:ki=1410215472&gclid=CjwKCAjwqarbBRBtEiwArlfEIIlcYS1sfzPht3b2vpjJUJoEL5kNuZuQrZUNo6sHQfTJKZl1Vmn6bxoC2-kQAvD_BwE#close

It is valid. And if the deal is so much better, you should purchase from them and let your actions speak for themselves by posting your better deal in the trophy garage. Or, if you want to see if it can be matched to save you the hassle of shipping, send a private message and give the opportunity.

Seems very simple.

1 Like

I intentionally choose not to take things to PM. If heā€™s willing to be market competitive, Iā€™d be happy to give a LH member my business. Asking for the sales price that he conveniently left out of OP benefits everyone in market. Telling him, publicly, heā€™s not competitive and backing the claim with proof forces his hand to either step up or not. Him choosing to step up or not also benefits everyone in market as it forces competitive pricing. This is LH, after all, and is quite literally the purpose of this forum.

Seems very simple.

4 Likes

Okay. 20202020202020

1 Like

Play nice, everyone.

1 Like

Itā€™s crazy that on a leasing forum, which is supposed to be pro-customer, he is getting crap for saying there are better deals. There are better deals. I am shocked he is not able to give his very valid opinion. This is buyer vs dealer on a lease, the whole point of ā€œhackingā€ a lease. Get the best deal and beat the dealer.

6 Likes

I understand the outrage. This deal is pretty bad and definitely shouldnā€™t be posted on LH. My understanding is that broker and dealer can use LH to post good to great deals not flat out terrible deals. Would really dilute the quality of LH if it is flooded with these outrageous deals.

6 Likes

I donā€™t think anyone has to worry about missing the ā€œonly one availableā€ at this deal.

Since weā€™re talking about corvettes Iā€™ll give my experience I had with the poster of this thread. I got a hold of him for a corvette and I didnā€™t like the way he handled things or treated me at all. He wasnā€™t close to the deal I got price wise either. Even after I sent him the deal sheet from another deal to show the proof he seemed to think it was bs. Anyways I went and picked up another one and saved over $120 a month on an identical msrp car.

This guy is rude, take your business elsewhere.

10 Likes

This guy trolls the Volt threads and is whining about someone posting up a better deal? Laughable. His deals do suck even the many he posts in the marketplace. Chevy Pro?! Comedy!

1 Like

And the Hackrs have spoken.

6 Likes

I dont think anyone would be on this website and still fall for this being a good deal.

1 Like

While it seems like a bad deal based on MSRP I just wanted to say that I donā€™t think you could get any car close to this performance wise for the same price. I grew up drooling over Ferraris and Lamborghinis but when I can afford a $100,000+ weekend car Iā€™ll be getting a Corvette.

Kind of shitty to drag this guy over the vette deal.

If it is truly terrible, he will get no action. That is message enough.

Another thing. This is not a Volt or a Rav 4. Itā€™s an iconic sports car that will probably never lease well.

New people coming in and seeing these types of threads does not bode well for the forum.

Who is complaining about the affordability? No one is comparing this price to any of the examples you stated, but only to other vettes of comparable MSRP and the same trim.

And I donā€™t think you realize the irony in your post. You state that itā€™s cool for dealers to come and put up a terrible deal and we should just ignore it, but when consumers post up terrible expectations itā€™s a problem? Theyā€™re both a problem, just opposite ends of the spectrum but at least on the consumer end they are at least using the forum for its intent of getting a ā€œhackerā€ deal.

How about just ā€œlikingā€ the first critical post to death?

Iā€™d love the same applied to Trophy Garage, instead of dozens of ā€œNice deal, dude!ā€ posts about the same car :slight_smile:

1 Like

well you canā€™t lease through GMF with z06 so this is an outside bank. i did the numbers for a client the other day and GMF on a Grand Sport was better than US bank and Ally.

Yep, definitely sufficient. 20202020

I never stated that it was cool. What I said is that market forces will dictate. Not some random guy on the internet spewing his opinion on the deal. That is a waste of time.

I also never said anything about a buyerā€™s terrible expectation. You really should not stick words in peoples mouth. What I did say is that when new people come onto the forum and see this type of toxic thread, they are turned off. That is not good for anybody here.

If someone is dumb enough to bite on a bad deal, then shame on them for not doing their research. The only real ironic part is that no one is going to bite on this forum for a bad deal, and yet everyone still felt the need to pile on and shit on the guys thread.

2 Likes

Also fair points!