Off Topic Landfill

Removal of accidental deaths in a country rampant with handguns and vehicles will definitely improve the life expectancy numbers of our country, but how does a country’s life expectancy go DOWN after you remove accidental deaths? In the study at that link, Japan drops from first to ninth, but removing accidental deaths causes the average life expectancy goes from 78.7 to 76.0? How does that make any sense?

“Aside from that, how was the trip to Dallas, Mrs. First Lady?”

3 Likes

That’s a great question. I’m not a statistician but this is from the author. There are similar studies looking at the similar variables. I’m no expert but I think to be honest in the Healthcare debate it needs to be brought up

" I asked Robert Ohsfeldt about this, who responded that the adjustment factor was based on fatal injury rates relative to the average. Hence, the adjusted numbers shouldn’t be seen as hard numerical estimates of life expectancy, but rather as a way of understanding the true relative ranking of the various countries on life expectancy excluding fatal injuries."

Why are some of the “trusted hackers” on here such jerks?

Sorry… that you’re still salty at being called out by literally everyone in the other thread.

3 Likes

It’s the other way - best “jerks” make the best trusteds.

3 Likes

I’m just here for your legal opinion on this - why are you asking us?

Not really. It’s just 3 or 4 a-holes mostly from new York who have no expertise whatsoever despite me posting the EXACT relevant statute, the exact definition (from Miriam Webster), the exact case law, and a letter from a bunch of consumer advocate attorneys lobbying the state to change that exact law. Nobody posted anything in response that had actual facts except Jon (a case law which actually fit what I was saying) and one of two others who also agreed with me based on the case laws they found. Otherwise it was just some “f-ing attorney” who wanted to argue about the meaning of “promulgate” nevermind I posted the #1 definition and relevant statute for the issue at hand.

Should’ve been real easy for all you experts to post a link to the statute or case law supporting it but you couldn’t so you resorted to ad hominem attacks and bully behavior. I posted the statute, anybody interested could click the link and read the actual law. Nope, just gang up and say what you think it should all mean.

IT’S TIME TO EAT THE BABIES!

:rofl:

1 Like

If being a big shot on lease hacker is the best part of your day I actually feel pretty sorry for you, Mr max g. You haven’t added a damn thing to anything I’ve read on a single thread. But you are full of opinions and bad ideas. Your modus operandi is to deflect, insult, and snark. Your comments are consistently off topic and irrelevant and almost always just an argument or insult. You should try surfing or getting outside some time.

Also, since you’re apparently so big on the meaning of words, you should know that “literally everybody” doesn’t mean a just a few people

Sorry, I’ll stop. But honestly if you look you’ll see it’s mostly your “trusted hackers” who keep taking things off track.

Edit, people were talking about Healthcare and I brought up the life expectancy issues as it relates to socialized health care. That might have been off topic from the original convo. I’ll stop

I’m not interested in who does what. There are multiple folks on this thread that helped derail it.

1 Like

Hello friends, I am in the market to lease (anytime even tomorrow or ASAP) 2019-2020/BMW X4 M40i 36months/ 12k mileage per year I live in San Jose CA, but dont mind to fly get the car in LA or SOCAL area text massage is best or call 310.774.9843 Sol I dont mind a Loaner car or any kind of competitive lease. I am willing to pay at the $550-$650 AGIAN FOR THE RIGHT CAR AND DEAL I WILL SIGN TODAY!! Realistic expectations are recommended for best results.

I am in the market to lease (anytime even tomorrow or ASAP) 2019-2020/BMW X4 M40i 36months/ 12k mileage per year I live in San Jose CA, but dont mind to fly get the car in LA or SOCAL area text massage is best or call 310.774.9843 Sol I dont mind a Loaner car or any kind of competitive lease. I am willing to pay at the $550-$650 AGIAN FOR THE RIGHT CAR AND DEAL I WILL SIGN TODAY!! Realistic expectations are recommended for best results.

in the market to lease (anytime even tomorrow or ASAP) 2019-2020/BMW X4 M40i 36months/ 12k mileage per year I live in San Jose CA, but dont mind to fly get the car in LA or SOCAL area text massage is best or call 310.774.9843 Sol I dont mind a Loaner car or any kind of competitive lease. I am willing to pay at the $550-$650 AGIAN FOR THE RIGHT CAR AND DEAL I WILL SIGN TODAY!! Realistic expectations are recommended for best results.

We need @surfer to weigh in on this and check which laws have been promulgated to that effect

6 Likes

Damn I really got into your head didn’t I? Who are you again?

I wasn’t going to pile on but I LOL’ed at @vhooloo’s comment a couple times (stopped and started again). The guy next to me on plane asked what was so funny.

1 Like

Man sucks to be you then. Not much going on in your life either? What did the guy say when you explained you were laughing about an internet message board where somebody said did you even know what promulgate means and the other guy posted literally the exact definition out of the Miriam Webster dictionary? I’m guessing he gave you a courtesy laugh and then put his headphones on so you wouldn’t talk to him anymore?

1 Like

Deleted