Off Topic Landfill

Removed …

You better check the insurance rates for him. A 19 year old college student, driving a brand new $40k 370 hp sports car around campus. Sounds like a recipe for insane insurance premiums :joy:.

2 Likes

I smell @dmitry trolling all over this. :joy:

2 Likes

Girls be like: I dig you’re saving a planet and all, but don’t think this is a Tesla. :grin:

1 Like

What? 202020

The logic above…only one person capable of it. Plus, he posted he liked a T60.

So you are suggesting we go down in power even more?

1 Like

Nothing I guess if you think you need 400 hp to merge into traffic. Don’t know how we plebs do it.

Did you even read my post? This is not going to be my primary car. It’s for my brother.

Absolutely. For a commuter for college, something that minimizes costs is a perfect choice. Not having to pay for gas means more ramen noodles for dinner.

1 Like

Can’t argue that! He told me my CC is very slow, and he has difficulties passing and merging. That is why we started looking for a powerful alternative.

1 Like

Did he try the Hellcat yet? :joy:

1 Like

See, the ioniq is perfect. Low down torque from an EV will help that feeling.

Now if he was saying that to get his way too generous sister to over spend on a car that he wants instead of a car that he needs, it may be a different story.

Minimum 500hp for merging, no argument. That is why I stay off the highways.

3 Likes

I never had any issue with the CC’s power. Plenty for me.

Sounds like he’s coming up with stories as to why he needs to milk you for a bit more money.

1 Like

So a Volkswagen CC has like 200hp and 200 ft-lb of torque. A stinger GT has 365hp and 370 ft-lb of torque.

I’ll agree, the Volkswagen CC is a bit underpowered. But you surely do not need to get him a stinger GT.

If he likes the look of the stinger, get him the 4 cylinder one. It’s got plenty of power for him (255hp and 260 lb-ft of torque) and you can easily get one in the price range you’re looking for.

That is the case, probably.

Off topic, but, ohmigod, never were truer words spoken…

1 Like

He first asked me if I could lease him an A7. I told him no. Said $450 a month, maximum. No need for him to be parking an A7 on campus, or be flashing it to his classmates.