Off Topic Landfill

There aren’t that many short-term leases available at reasonable prices. It’s more supply/demand, IMO

That being said, you’re correct about getting into a good lease deal—you can always dump it easy later. But some people are averse to negotiating, dealers, hassle.

Everyone has different ways to assign values.

Edit: As contrast to the (no longer available example) above, this sort of deal is offered on SAL also:

why would you want to be at the 1% benchmark for a 2 year old car with 12k miles? Don’t forget that whoever takes over this lease is leasing a USED car, not a new car.

If I lease a new car, does the payment drop after a year and 12k miles? Does it drop again at 2 years and 24k miles?

If it’s a good deal at inception, it’s a good deal for the duration.

So if you don’t place any value in driving a brand new car that’s pristine with no miles on it, then your logic has some sense. But I imagine most people put some value in driving a brand new car. If someone got a great deal on a new car, drove the hell out of it for 100k miles, would you still value that deal the same as day one?

Can you go buy a used 2017 for no money down and pay the note with $600? Probably not.

This car doesn’t have 100k miles on it and it’s not thrashed. That’s a straw man you’ve presented.

This logic makes no sense. You are finishing off the obligation that someone else started. It is a lease transfer. The obligation isn’t changing just the person delivering on the obligation is changing.

1 Like

It is a brand new car until you sit in it.

We are all merely renting our vehicles on this board, and a great number of us get ex-loaners, so being slightly “used” is largely irrelevant. Not to mention, on a transfer like this one, you can benefit from unused miles and the great privelege of not having to chase down a deal yourself.

1 Like

Damn too bad Utah is far lol

Standard refrain: if it wasn’t for negative equity in my stupid Lexus.

Seriously, if’n I was ready to make a move, I’d take this IF it were $600 plus tax. I love short terms.

Of course, not sure how much incentive OP is willing to toss at it.

I disagree, many people would much rather have a C43 than E300/E400 because its an entirely different car. Spending $70k+ on a similarly optioned C63 is not worth the bigger engine for a lot of people. You can still enjoy the “AMG experience” in the C43 with a slightly smaller V6 that still packs a punch forsure…

For what its worth, the OP’s Premium 3 package, pano roof, and $1600 grey leather so maybe its not eligible to be compared to some stripped down C43 leases you might see which are true BASE models

I’m going to say that while most people probably can’t tell the difference, the people who appreciate the lines would argue the C63S is a far superior car and different animal than the C43.

Just like the RS5 is different from the S5.

thats 100% true, I just think its not a fake AMG, and I dont think you can make a direct comparison with E-class models - especially the E350/550 as 2pac said

And a Ferrari is even better. And a Pagani is even better yet.

This particular car is a C 43.

There’s an unlimited number of better and better and more and more expensive cars. Not sure what this adds.

I was trying to present an alternative argument to Parth. Apologize my comment did not meet your personal standards for someone else’s thread.

Don’t take it wrong.

OP is trying to transfer a C 43. That’s all. There are unlimited choices out there; but it’s probaly discouraging to see stuff like “A C 63 is way cooler” on his already tenouous transfer.

That’s all. No snark even intended.

As soon as I’m in the market again, I’ll be sure to enlist your services to get a $61k c43 for 24/15k at $575/mo with $0 DAS. I can’t wait!

2 Likes

I was trying to say most people would appreciate the C43, especially at the discount. Can a C63 even be had for anywhere near this payment? Those are 1k+ a month cars.

With the right incentive, Maybe two or three thousand and OP would probably find a very happy buyer for a short term C43.

1 Like

63s are easily $1k fo sho. Horrible MF and RV, and prolly by design.

I think $3k will be the magic number for this particular C 43. Maybe $2,500 maybe.

It’s so hard to keep a “normal” POV on lease prices after becoming an obsessive nerd tracking.

Some folks are happy at $700 for a C 43. I fear the redesign hurts OP the most. The damage is absolutely nothing I wouldn’t sweat that part at all.

Very very small market for any AMG (real or fake haha) and super tiny market for the 63s.

Damn the negative equity in my stupid Lexus.

I gave him insightful advice, my comment wasn’t directed at him but just a generality.

e63 is a 100k car, the c63 should have at least had the option for awd in my opinion, the e63 has had awd since 2014. But even then performance cars = no bueno in the winter, mostly they are rwd biased aka lots of slipping.