Off Topic Landfill

2 Likes

Need to apply your hackr skills to shopping for electricity suppliers. We’re practically next door, but pay 6 cents a kwh and 10% off if you sign up for community renewable program.

I don’t think there is much I can do

What is this shopping for electricity suppliers thing you speak of? Doesn’t work when you live in a state that allows the utilities to have a monopoly.

Sucks to be you, but in Mass I easily found a supplier offering 10 cents per kwh. There’s probably less if you choose a longer term contract.

there is a demo for sale 93k sales price for 112k msrp, assuming same fees and mf that would put you at roughly $1000 ish.

I did the same thing in your position back in 2017, I had a black charger hc lined up for $550/mo but opted for the go mango(reddish orange with gold flakes in the paint) with dual carbon stripes for $650/mo. That color gets more heads turning than a black ever would. On the same note options make a big difference as well, i.e one spec had drivers assistance and the other didn’t, interior color not a biggie for me, mostly exterior color and options.

Either way you will enjoy the car, I think that’s the most important part with these cars, they deliver smiles per gallon while normal cars deliver miles per gallon.

1 Like

Not making any promises, but there may or may not be a demo X3M Comp I would consider if the stars lined up. :kissing:

1 Like

lucky you, I got shot down on two m760i’s this week where the sales manager ok’d the deal and gsm said at this time I can’t lose that much money, we were at 40 and 42% :rage:.

2 Likes

That’s a whole stack of change to lose too though. Haven’t done the math, But how would those deals even get approved by FS? 36/15?

residual is like 92, sales price is circa 104, after 2k incentives is 102. No reason to get kicked back, dealer is definitely losing 30-40k per deal. The sm both told me they kicked in their entire marketing fund and were still hemorrhaging money but needed the car gone badly one was 450 days on lot and the other was 355 + they had to turn it into a demo by driving 20 miles to get 30k off immediately, apparently gsm said nuh uh, not that bad.

3 Likes

What monthly were they quoting?

Seems legit.

$600 0 das for one, and the other one was like $679. White was cheaper, black more expensive.

5 Likes

For a M760? Thats actually wild.

tell me about it, I would have taken both and flipped one for 15k cash. I had a feeling I was gonna get shutdown somewhere, worst part is when you think you got it and they pull the rug out from under you.

1 Like

Killer deal on M5 would be something in the 13+% off sticker before any incentives. There are 300+ 19 M5s on the lot nationally still, so now’s a good time to deal. Although with the strong residual bump this month, dealers may see if that moves things along without requiring overly steep discounts.

Find units in inventory for 6+ months, and those would be the targets for great deals (9+ months even better :slight_smile:)

1 Like

You are a master Jedi. Even at a few hundred more per month, those would be killer.

That’s wild on an M760. I’d definitely be thinking “this is fake” all along the way :slight_smile: Be glad GSM shot it down without you having to go to the dealer and waste time/travel.

Even at 300+ days in stock, can’t imagine why they’d take such a bath on it.

3 Likes

was gonna get it shipped :pensive:. But the sm fought me tooth and nail, eventually admitted he needed the car gone bad, found out from another guy on lh who recently got a unicorn on a 750 that bmw forced these guys to order one. GSm said I can’t take a 30-40k loss on this car, I’d rather it sit for another 6+ months.

Right, sometimes dealers aren’t able to refuse allocations, even if they know they’ll have difficulty moving the car.

But yeah, 30-40k loss is crazy. They can wait a few months, try their luck and take that loss later, or heck, can probably lose less by wholesaling :slight_smile: