Off Topic Landfill

which acura car is outputting 377 hp? they are majority i4 and v6 n/a engines…

RLX Hybrid - look it up, lol.

that electric motor adds a ton of weight to the vehicle, it really isn’t 377 hp unless it’s all motor when you are comparing to things like the 540 which is roughly the same base price.

Electric motor saves on fuel economy but often causes sluggish response to the car and the added weight makes steering these cars in low speed areas feel extremely heavy and like a boat such as in parking lots.

Furthermore how many units does acura actually sell of the rlx hybrid, at a base price of 61k most people are going 5 series, e class or even an a6.

As far as luxury goes, Infiniti is left in the dust on technology, acura and lexus do their best to keep up but when a large majority of your models are missing/don’t have heads up display, massaging seats, updated semi-autonomous driving, average at best safety features, cookie cutter exterior lines across the model, confusing twin touch screen and infotainment in general, weak powertrain across the board aside from the hybrid models, and an above average interior then how can you call the a luxury car when you are comparing them to stuff like the a6,e class, 5 series. I guess psuedo-luxury triggers people so maybe premium car is the better option( go to a rental car site and that’s what they are listed under, mb/bmw are typically under luxury cars.)

Acura, Lexus, and Infiniti are very good at what they do, they know their market and they price accordingly. You will notice most of their models are priced slightly above their parent company’s models but well below the german vehicles. The Japanese cars carry that extremely reliable powertrain from the parent company and thus when people buy they aren’t afraid to have expensive issues like German car owners do as most of their parts are the exact same as their sister model.

If I were to buy a car and not trade it in after 3 years and hold it for 7-10 years, 100% I would go acura or lexus but with leasing you are covered bumper to bumper for the warranty, on top of that bmw is currently leasing very well and is the new craze, why would you pay the same or more money for long term reliability on a short term lease,

Acura and lexus are absolutely outclassed by the germans in the tech game and powertrain game, it’s always been this way, we once had a 2004 acura tl and an e class at the same time, that e class has features that are now or were introduced to the acura “tlx” at the beginning of this decade and even some stuff acura still doesn’t offer i.e massaging seats, air suspension, etc. etc.

Hope “mr.expert” has cleared things up for you.

The 540i xdrive weighs about the same. Regarding technology, can’t find a single feature my car lacks, in comparison to a similar 5 series. Glad I don’t need to pay extra for Apple Car Play subscription and cooled seats.

My car is anything but sluggish, and it’s a beast off the line and gets to triple speeds quickly. You must have never driven a GS450h.

Unit wise I have not looked at the statistics. I will bet the Camry outsells each one.

I had a 2006 Infiniti M45S as my first car, and it would leave everything in the dust, back in the day. I would gladly get a new one, with 5.6 liter engine. Infiniti does have HUD (look it up).
I think iDrive is confusing. I liked Audi MMI, and I am loving the Acura’s set up. Infiniti’s setup works good for me. I had few as rentals and enjoyed them.

Those features you listed are almost all found in the new Accord Touring. HUD, cooled seats, semi autonomous driving, and more.

You are saying Acura is outclassed, but don’t have a single point to prove it.

You are not an expert, lol.

ok well thanks for the input, I see we are arguing again about german vs japaneese again, you and I both know who you are :sleeping::sleeping:.

Wake me up when acura offers massaging seats and air suspension.

In the meantime I’ll be slapping your little riceburner friends in the gs450h that goes 0-60 in 5.6 seconds and the rlx hybrid that goes 0-60 in 4.9.

Off to the landfill like the rest of our posts. :wave:

@chrishs2000 you know the drill.

how long did you keep your e500? both camshaft positioning sensors went bad on the e500 and e55 before either hit 70k miles. Brutal when you have to get towed to dealer :man_facepalming:

I picked it up with about 32,000 miles on it (lease return) and sold it with almost 140,000. Roughest patch was between ~55,000-75,000, and it was all brake and suspension issues. I once blew through $8k in eight weeks.

The subwoofer also failed, but I had it unhooked rather than get an OEM for ~$1,200. Best Buy wouldn’t touch it for liability reasons (“Sir, your car doesn’t have an electrical system it has a fiber optic network…”).

:joy::joy::joy: fiber optic network.

Biggest issue with the e55 is the fkn air suspension, ended up getting a lifetime warranty because dealer got tired of seeing us complain on a car they sold brand new, e500 was a dream with the suspension. I think it roughly has 70k miles on it(went inside the family) and only issues were engine mounts and the alternator, the alternator is garbage on these.

e55 still drives like it did when it was brand new( I’ll take parents word on that, I was 9/10 when the car came out :zipper_mouth_face:) Overall I would say 4-6k spent on the e55 in the past 6 years. And probably 3-5k in the 6 years of owning the e500.

How many miles on the two Es currently?

My E500 was my first car that I really looked forward to driving every time I got in. That’s hard to replicate.

To some extent, I may always chase this dragon. :neutral_face:

e500 roughly 70k+ now (still in the extended family)

e55 ( garage queen, roughly 62k miles)

both cars are nothing short of amazing, e55 is just so damn loud and angry, I drive it in downtown areas and people twist their neck to see what’s making so much noise.

Byooteefullll

I never had the pleasure of an E55… When I got the E500 it was more than I should have been spending on a car.

Enjoy yours.

It’s honestly not worth selling at this point, it was like 90k brand new worth maybe 25k at best now. It’s taken out 2-3x a week just to get it moving, still a beast tho. Spanks 99% of cars in a race, definitely a car worth buying and holding, they are at the bottom of the depreciation curve and hold values well. Just costly to fix if stuff starts breaking.

1 Like

12y loan? Yikes…

2 Likes

Link please :slight_smile:

Just pay for my payments then if you think its so easy. Some of us have budgets to work around. Seems like money is free to you.

This post is labeled as NY/NJ/PA/CT/FL. See the FL part? If he is willing to ship expensive cars at his expense but shuns a customer like me wanting to PAY FOR MY OWN SHIPPING, that is just horrible business. No excuse or rationalization can sweep this away. Aronchi clearly doesn’t understand the value of good business practices or customer service. These excuses are ridiculous.

Don’t worry though I found a car locally since you decided to refuse my business. Better than any deal you are giving Aronchi. $1200 DAS and $480 tax in for $60K M340i. Thanks tremendously to Alex from Pembroke Pines BMW! Best leasing experience I’ve ever had!

His post says shipping at buyers expense.

Drive in good health! In 2019 donald trump’s america, there is nothing that says I absolutely have to do business on a particular deal. I am fortunate enough to do this for fun, on weekends, and I can decline business, should I so choose, if I deem it to be not worth my time. An m340i is not worth my time due to the complexities and work required from my end. The majority of “brokers” on this site give out a phone number and pass people along to a dealer, who then does all of the work and communicates with the client. I wake up at 6 in the morning on Saturdays to help my dealers deliver. All the best to you and Pembroke Pines BMW, cheers!

2 Likes

Until a buyer shows up wanting to pay for their own shipping. Then he just flat out refuses to do business with that buyer

this might be the guy who dealt with the dealer in fl on here who got called expletives. :joy::joy::joy:.

1 Like

Also, see original post. Made it very clear that i8s can be shipped in the east, other bmws likely not. All you gotta do is read.