Off Topic Landfill

That is a really high monthly! My wife and I finalized (not picked up yet) at 2019 with $68K MSRP for $2,100 DAS at $575 base payment (added wheel/tire, 3 year maintenance, and $5,000 lease waiver), which bumped it up to $700. I think you need an incentive for sure to move a 2017 vs a 2019 refresh model!

The car is a lot of fun as I owned a few AMGs in my time. I don’t think it is a “fake” AMG at all. Has all the power and more than the lovely than the 55K engines (C55/CLK55). If C32 was considered an AMG, why not a V6TT?

your base payment is really good on the 2019. not sure that the waiver + tire + maintenance is worth an extra 125/month (i’d only go for the maintenance) but make sure to post details details after finalizing

Well we live in Boston and I already blew out 3 tires on my CLS so we had to get it. It was really expensive but I already spent $340x3 on tires, fixing/refinishing the wheel x2 at $200/each and last blow out cracked the wheel so paid $1000 for the wheel. Again, if we lived in NC still, def would NOT have taken it but New England area sucks!

1 Like

Car has been ready but since we did registration out of state and state of Mass doesn’t believe in temporary plates, we can’t physically take it :frowning:

1 Like

I’ll go off topic one last time, amg’s catchphrase is “one man one engine” it doesn’t matter if its a i4 or a tt v12 if its not hand assembled then it technically isnt a “real amg,” and oh by the way the 43 and 53 aren’t fast by any means compared to what an amg should be those “old” 55 amgs were doing 0-60 in 4.5 seconds almost 10-15 years ago, the 63s are doing it in as low as 3.2 seconds and average 3.5s, for comparison the new m5 is 3.2ish 0-60 and the m550ix is 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, the 43 and 53 are “slow” for an amg at 4.5 seconds honestly when comparing them to the “real” amgs. Plain and simple if mb wants to call the 53 and 43 amg’s they need to do better. Oh and the 53 should be a twin turbo v8 like what bmw did with the m550i.

So out of curiosity , I’m shopping for a new lease . I’m willing to spend up to 600$ a month . And kind of had my heart set on the stinger gt1 or gt2 , but the offers are pretty insane I’m getting . Such as 581 on 36/12 . And 622 . Both for gt1. How does one go about hiring a broker to find you a deal in the tri state area

Click on marketplace here on the site.

great deal
wish this was socal

2 Likes

Is the car still available?

I don’t need a car, but if this was in the south west, I’d get it in a minute.

it is a great car, I was looking at the numbers tho and if you look at an m5 at around 1400 and this m550ix at around $1100(original payment) isn’t it a no brainer to get an m5? Obviously the m5 wasn’t available at this lease’s inception but it does make you wonder why there’s such a small parity between monthly payments.

Still this is an amazing deal and I would jump on it if I was looking around, 0-60 in 3.9 is just nasty and easily can obtain 3.5 with a tune.

A no brainer to spend an additional three bills a month?

You must have a better job than me. $300 is not nothing. That’s only like $11k over the lease more.

In my world $11k ain’t :peanuts:

well the thing is it’s not like a $300 monthly vs a $600 monthly, the payment is pretty much $1100 so at $1400 is the additional 200 hp and rwd/awd capabilities and the steering worth it? it may be 11k in addition payments but the m5 is going to be around $110k+ whereas the m550ix will be around 88k, thats $22k for 11k extra over the term. It’s one of those situations where if you can pony up the extra cash its definitely worth it. These are not your typical leasehackr cars so to me its a bit of a different ball game.

1 Like

I don’t follow your logic. But I do know that $11,000 is a significant amount of money.

Even if one has more money than the next person.

Hell, why not get a Bugatti and call it a day?

My logic is very simple, first and foremost obviously the m5 wasnt available at the time of op’s lease inception otherwise he probably would have gotten an m5, but anyway these cars have high monthly so my logic is if you can drop $1k then a couple hundred dollars extra for the best in the business isn’t going to kill these people, $200 vs $500 or $400 vs 700 are different stories because people on those ends usually try to balance their budget and are just looking for a mode of transportation, this particular car is sort of an enthuasists car and therefore people think more about what they want vs how much it cost, they would rather spend $300 extra a month on their car than buy a new suit or watch, etc etc.

So then why does BMW even still offer the M550?

1 Like

Why is the $1100 even being talked about… for who ever is taking it over that isn’t the price, so it doesn’t matter. $1000 is like 8ish% of my families monthly take home but I still consider $400 more a month very significant. Depends how you value money. Not everyone needs or wants an M5.

If you’re spending $1400, whats another $600 to get an Aston?

1 Like

no, i got a m550 at right around 1k, m5’s were at the time 1500. a 50% increase per month is a lot, plus taxes, insurance, etc. hoping to get an m5 this summer if numbers get better…

Good point on insurance too, M5 insurance is significantly more… although really EVERYTHING costs more with a M5. You could easily be $1000 more a month overall.

so we should all be driving 530e’s? the m550 starts at like 72k and the m5 starts at 96k, big difference when you purchase which most of them are.