Off Topic Landfill

ok, enjoy.

ok, enjoy.

Yeah we should stop overusing the term Unicorn, especially when the deal in the OP is only like .90 of the 1% rule.

True unicorns are in the .4 .5 .6 ratio
like my recent BMW 3 series hacks or some of the crazy volvo and MB C class loaners we’ve seen on here during year-end.

I mean I had a $38k BMW at $189/mo $0 drive off. Thats a Unicorn.

I mean It devalues the term when you use it for a ~270/mo(all in) $27k passat…

How does something like that BMW deal even happen

1 Like

No way this post follows forum guidelines. Are you seriously hocking fake passports here?

How much for the toyota? Looks amazing

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Sony got out of the LCD/OLED panel business and they source their panels from Samsung now. I don’t think that BMW will be sourcing their engines from Hyundai any time soon.

Sony sources their OLED panels from LG and apply their programming to the panels using their X1 chipset. That’s why performance on a Sony OLED is better than on an LG set.

They are also exorbitantly priced compared to their LG counterparts, which are already priced out of their own market.

1 Like

Yeah that’s right, everyone gets their OLED stuff from LG, their displays are nuts, but too rich for my blood! I ended up “settling” for the consensus best 65" Samsung 4K I could afford, and I haven’t really regretted it. Maybe next time…

Actually, most reviews say LGs are the best OLEDs (I’m also biased because I have 2) but this is a car forum not a TV one :stuck_out_tongue:

So I can’t talk about OLEDs? I have an LG OLED and I’ve demo’d both sets. The Sony OLED with X1 processor is superior.

No I was just stating we’re getting off-topic. RTINGS.com and CNET would disagree with you though

the g70 is basically a more reliable BMW. The g70 was engineered by Albert Bienman of BMW M and designed by Peter Streyer of Audi. I’m interested in test driving one as well but they havent gotten any inventory in my area yet. Long as the OP is happy with his car, thats what matters.

And manufactured by Hyundai. It’s okay to like, even love the car. Tell yourself whatever you want to get to sleep. But the badge ain’t three letters and a roundel.

2 Likes

If you think that because one dude who used to work for BMW now works at Hyundai/Kia/whatever that it makes the car ‘engineered like a BMW M’, you’re a total fool. Sorry.

The overall design is one thing. Engineering is totally different.

6 Likes

Albert Bienman was the man responsible for the suspension engineering of every M car since the e30 M3. so i’m sure he has pretty good knowledge of how things should be done…stop being a brand snob and look at it objectively

The point isn’t that Albert Biermann isn’t a professional or an expert, the point is that Albert Biermann is one man from BMW and the majority of the car is Hyundai.

His expertise is no doubt significant, but calling the G70 an BMW just because Albert is on the team kind of does Hyundai an injustice. They’re trying to break the people’s negative perception of them as a company and the products they provide.

4 Likes

i’m a general car enthusiast…so i look at the merits of the car not the badge. I’m sure your happy driving around in your 320i but i’m happy other brands are stepping up their game.