Buy the car not the deal. Genesis G70 3.3T Sport $52,625 MSRP

Were you planning to buy it out?

Nope. I was planning to turn the car back in at the end of the lease, this just accelerated that process. The way I look at it, I got to drive the car for 8 months for free.

1 Like

I have Hi chroma red. How would I go about with the paint issue?

Because you said 200 miles from boston, I’m assuming that you bought this one from the Manchester NH Genesis? I test drove this car on Saturday Morning and really wanted to lease it myself but they were asking way too much money for it. They also use alot of really scummy dealer tactics that I’m not a big fan of.

I was in the same boat as you, I didn’t like the dark green / beige designer they had and the red was one of my preferred colors. The handling of that car was insane, including the 0-60 launch blew me away.

Unfortunately, even tho I loved that car I wasn’t willing to pay what they were asking for it, hope you enjoy it though! I’m hoping to get into one down the road a bit when the prices drop.

FYI the Best price they gave me was

$670/month
$0 down
10k/36

You don’t. The recall only applied to the sunset yellow stingers.

My recommendation is to go to the dealer and tell them you want to file a claim with corporate regarding your paint and that you believe you have the same peeling issue as the sunset yellow stingers. The worst they can do is deny it.

21 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

It’s definitely a chick magnet, you’re already gaining attention on the street. :rofl:

I like the color combo, beautiful. All the power to you if you have the means. As someone else mentioned, why pay less and drive something you don’t love

3 Likes

I got it from Auburn and this was back on “Black Friday”.
I see quite a few in stock in the region now but at the time they literally had the only Havana Red 3.3T in New England. Nearest after that was in New Jersey.

Oh gotcha, thought it would’ve been pretty funny if you grabbed the one I was just looking at. I had a similar experience to you, I pretty much fell in love with the 3.3T Sport after I drove it and really did want to over pay myself but ended up walking away. I could justify paying in the 500’s for it but mid/high 6’s just seemed unreasonable

I’ve always liked the genesis (had a 2013 coupe and a 2016 sedan) since its something you don’t see often on the road

Hold out for a few more months and we should see leasing improve on it. It’s obvious to me that there is a market for the car, just not at the pricing that Genesis thinks it’s going to get.

Probably not a good idea posting here though :smiling_imp:

Yea, in all reality the value you get in the g70 is similar if not better than many of the luxury brands but people still have to go to hyundia dealerships to buy them and most people paying $5-700 for a lease are just gonna stick to benz/bmw/audi

I pay $460/month for my $49k 2016 genesis which is basically the same as the g80 but if I try to get a similar $47k g70 they are asking $100-$200 more now

Man seriously if OP likes car and makes a decision with his eyes open who are we to judge. He has the means and thats all that matters. Just wish him well and get off your high horses. I dont think we had seen a done g70 deal in this forum, well now we do. Now lets work on seeing how to make it better. OP enjoy it again. Dont let anyone tell you different.

People on these forums love to tell you how to spend your money . If you like it and can afford it go for it . Personally I wouldn’t buy a car just because of the deal . Find the car you want and go for the best out of it .

I don’t feel like I was taken advantage of. I was told the price of admission and I decided I was willing to pay it.
This is the price that these cars are leasing for. I can take it or leave it. I chose the former because I value the unique factor that it brings.

@TemjinX2 The Genesis is a Genesis and a BMW is a BMW. If I wanted BMW I would have gotten BMW and saved some money but that’s not what I wanted. The G70 is a good car on it’s own merit and not because it’s “a more reliable BMW”. It is HEAVILY influenced by the German luxury cars though.

@daveydave424 lol I didn’t even notice that. What can I say the older ladies love me and/or the car

@dmitry yeah a lot of cars have the same side profile. From the front it really distinguishes itself though. or it looks like a Bentley I’m told

1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Mod: removed TV stuff

I think there’s nothing wrong with shopping the car instead of the deal, which seems to be the part that some people are getting hung-up on. Yes, the G70 is 650 a /mo, but so what’s the average lease of a comparable C43 or S4? What about S5 Sportback? S5’s lease for 800’s/900’s and THAT’S insane to me.

OP did good on selecting the car and he’s accepting the price of entry. However, this does not mean that you can’t shop the BEST deal on the car you want. If a G70 3.3T can be had for 600 a /mo, why spend 700?

1 Like

I’m cool with you paying for the car you wanted but you lost some brownie points when you called a C43 an AMG.

Mod: removed TV stuff

I am with you in regards to the OP. Better to get the car you want for more money than to get another just because it is a “deal”. You’ll have more money in your bank account, but you’ll probably always be wishing you spent more every time you get in your car.

1 Like

I hate that the C-43 is plagued with elitist bullshit about “real/fake” AMG.
The people who make the car call it a AMG C-43 and that’s what I call it.
It’s just a name but the engines are made by AMG. You can think of it as a faster C300 or a entry level AMG.
I personally think it’s great because I prefer the looks of the C coupe over the E coupe but I wish it had more power and that’s where the AMG C-43 comes in. I just like the car regardless of badge/name. In 3 years we’ll see if I get a C-43 coupe instead or the new Genesis coupe.

I also don’t need brownie points so keep them.

2 Likes