Off-Topic Landfill 6

No he is backing out of a 40k Rav4 to only lose $500 instead of $2000

6 Likes

Because he said he will use the 2k towards another car. Use it towards a rav4 and refund me the 1500

Watch him go silent now. Im telling you he a scammer

Is anyone else not seeing the irony that this is a 82k mmr vehicle and he could avoid all this with an easy lease and flip?

8 Likes

Everyone: this is a review thread, not a running argument thread.

Let’s go to slow mode for a bit.

5 Likes

You have proof of this…show it.

2 Likes

Can we landfill please. He did his review

1 Like

Buy it yourself and flip it. Probably wont get approved for that because of your scam income

All brokers operate slightly differently but they all disclose their terms in writing. You can have a good relationship and the rules can be bent, some take a very personable approach, others work like a factory, etc. At the end of the day, all the information is posted on the forum for your disposal and you need to make educated decisions.

1 Like

You can take it to PM or text etc.

All future back and forth will be deleted. This is not productive for anyone.

5 Likes

Cardi B Popcorn GIF by MOODMAN

5 Likes

It’s about the interest rates? But not about the money? :thinking:

3 Likes

My lease policy is if you’re not approved I refund. I know that within a couple days of locking in my leases typically so refunds aren’t a prob as we’re not holding a highly desirable car for weeks. This was not set up as a lease. I never ran lease pricing, I couldn’t as the truck is due in early feb. I even told him pros aren’t worth leasing as they don’t depreciate the way the leases have them, they’re a buy. I told him this deal isn’t contingent on anything but an msrp deal that he agreed on.

Let this be a future lesson for you. No broker on LH will refund a paid fee because you don’t like the current interest rates.

There are a ton of people here, myself included that have leased and financed cars, especially recently. We sometimes use these same brokers on here or negotiate our own deals. As you’ll find out, this forum is about preparation and knowledge, which is something I can tell you are sorely lacking, just by your posts.

To insinuate a broker is scamming you when you clearly weren’t comfortable with interest rates means you have a very poor understanding of the service you paid for.

Next time, you need to have a clear plan and understanding of where your financing is coming from.

@trusted_hackrs His comments at this point have become personal attacks.

3 Likes

First of all, it is true, someone will take it if you don’t lock it in.
Second of all, if you don’t have time to research the rates/are not ready/don’t like the pressure, you are most welcome to say no before you pay the broker fee. After you pay, you agree to his terms.
I faced a similar situation when the Tundra first came out and I got an MSRP deal but I needed time to think, the dealer said they can’t give me time, so I happily let them give it to someone else.

1 Like

Holy moly, I’m gone for a few hours and the house is on :fire:. :sweat_smile:

It sucks for the customer, but this is what happens when our expectations are far from reality. @Jrouleau426 has done nothing wrong in my eyes. I would venture to say that he is also a fairly trusted member of this community. I’ve seen many people use his service and they often come out smiling in the end.

If Jim is offering to pass the fee (or even a portion of it) onto another vehicle, I think that is more than should be expected.

3 Likes

Interest rates barely moved 0.05% in the last 6 weeks. But for grins and giggles, assume rates went up by 1%.

$72,000 loan, 8% interest rate, $1419 payment
$72,000 loan, 9% interest rate, $1453 payment

So you were ok with a $1419 payment but it was a hell no to $1453? The $34 swing was just too much to handle?

4 Likes

You attack the broker personally, and on top of that you misuse words to do it??? The grammar police can no longer sit idly on the side!! :rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light:

3 Likes

Off-ramp preferred so people can read others opinions on it. Thanks Michael!

1 Like

The broker is a scammer. He took personal shots at me myself on text. You should see what he wrote. He has no sense of professionalism whatsoever