Off Topic Landfill 5

Easy solution. Get rid of cats. Let’s stop pretending that cars are the problem. 15 container ships emit more co2 then all the cars in the world roughly. That’s an insane statistic that basically true from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

Easy solution. Get rid of cats. Let’s stop pretending that cars are the problem. 15 container ships emit more co2 then all the cars in the world roughly. That’s an insane statistic that basically true from what I’ve seen. Reflect on that…

1 Like

Where did you read that? My quick research shows that your statistics are totally off. From what I read, all cars produce about 3.3 billion metric tons a year, while the total for ALL container ships (not just 15) produce up to 1 billion metric tons a year.

You don’t have to twist my arm. :handshake:

1 Like

Statistics bro. Skew data how you want to. Aren’t you people used to doing that?

Just Google my claim…

The dirtiest 15 cargo ships emit about the equivalent…

Let the poors buy Tesla’s is not a solution as much as letting the poor slaves mine rare earth for batteries.

2 Likes

Not sure how this supports your original statement. Assuming each one of these countries has more than 15 ships.

Do the math. Billion cars divided by 50 mil. 20 ships…

Just like all the carbon credit pushing elite pollute more in a day then the common man day in a lifetime. Yes most of the 3rd world doesn’t contribute much. Scale is not the liberal greens strong suit.

But but but, those fancy people flying private jet everywhere told us plebs that we’re the problem because we won’t just eat the bugs and live in the pod. :disguised_face: :new_moon_with_face:

3 Likes

Yepp. Money is excluded. Money has always been excluded.

Well, ships burn high sulfur content bunker oil. Sulfur is most commonly linked to the acidification of rain, but comparing pollutants directly matters much less then the overall goals of curtailing industrial greenhouse gas and pollutant emissions.

Private aviation is a problem - per capita emissions of a plane sky rocket with fewer people on board, but I promise you that the government won’t ban private aviation till the latest moment possible - the people who can afford to fly or charter private hold greater influence over the government than you or me probably ever will.

3 Likes

Vast difference. But since they monetize carbon they don’t want to talk about sulfur nitrogen and other greenhouse gases. I suppose the stat I was reading was not just carbon but cumulative gas. Regardless, the only way to reduce to the levels in the Paris Accord and other such “treaties” is massive depopulation. Starting with the corporate and political elite would make a huge dent in that if that’s their goal…but it isn’t.

1 Like

Obviously - there was a guardian article about how a very small, often single-digit % of people commit to the majority of global emissions surrounding flying. It’s even worse with private aviation, you’re still burning tons of aviation fuel to carry a handful of people, take a long-range corporate jet, say a G650ER which takes 22 metric tons of fuel to carry 19 passengers 14k km. That’s 1.2 tons of fuel per person per 14k km, while an A350 takes 110 metric tons to take 300-400 people roughly the same distance, that’s 30-35 times the efficiency. But everyone is equal, some are more equal than others.

2 Likes

“Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me.”

Problem, reaction, solution = tyranny

1 Like

we can just eat them instead and redistribute the wealth.

Too much methane plus demons taste like sulfur

1 Like

3 Likes

This is sure to get the :salt: flowing.

He’s smoking a lot of California bud special.

Not only that, his sticker isn’t 130. I pulled a buildsheet, it’s non comp with ventilated, and some other things but no way close to his claimed 130k. No MPE, etc. His wheels are 10k at best for a better finish, and his exhaust is harder to obtain now but still not what he’s asking for.

Cheese Parmesan GIF by Parmigiano Reggiano

Hey Keith, you need to sign up as a dealer if you’re going to be offering cars on here.

Before you do - go to the marketplace and see the current and past deals that were offered on Volvo’s. Make sure that your SM/GSM/GM/DP is ok with those kinds of deep discounts with buy rate MF. Without them, you won’t get much traction on here.

1 Like