Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

I though you leased a lot. How did you not know this? LOL

1 Like

read on another forum that current orders for 2022 Lexus NX350h are expected to be fulfilled in August.

1 Like

:eyes:

2 Likes

don’t know about insanely busy weekend, but my dealers have been dumping a lot of dated used inventory that they have had for over 90 days (all overpaid for).

6 Likes

“ Hello Everyone, I’m considering letting go of my very special, custom 2020 M5. I love this car, but starting a family and need to move to an suv. I am offering 2 options for potential interest: 1. Takeover my lease, but I would need $30,000 in cash, to cover the cost of my down payment and all the modifications. Example, the wheels/tires alone cost 15K, and the wheels hold their full value. 2. Buy the car, and you will get all stock parts, plus everything listed below. Asking $149,999 or best offer. MSRP was 130K + 30K of modifications + inflation, -10K for one year of driving. Serious inquiries only please.”

1400/mo with 11 mo remaining. Plus 30k down

2 Likes

Not only is he a dreamer but it’s a pre-LCI at that.

And WTH mods a lease car…

3 Likes

Peak insanity huh?

And then gets 25/36th the utility from the mods and expects to recoup 100%?

I hope it ends up repo’ed and they get a bill to return it to stock.

5 Likes

This is nothing…there could be a whole thread about just bad SAL listings…

2 Likes

ya was wondering if there should be a separate thread.

There was an x3 m40 on there for 700/mo with like 11 months remaining as well, who wanted 12k firm down and said "dont waste my time if not serious and the car is clearly worth this ". They’re pretty entertaining.

2 Likes

There’s already a similar one where a lot of these get posted.

I got my CarMax appraisal just to see what they would come up with. I have no intentions of selling it right now but was just curious.

Their offer was quite shocking. They offered $54k for a 22 Yukon SLT with Premium Package and 4K miles. They attached the KBB trade-in value which comes in at around $73k. So they’re about $20k below KBB.

What’s interesting is on their website they have a 2021 Yukon SLT with 74k miles listed at $62k.

Talk about a low ball offer…

3 Likes

Could just be that at the moment they don’t want to take on inventory of a full-size suv until gas prices calm down.

1 Like

They actually get good mileage, Mine around town averages 18

2 Likes

KBB isn’t linked to current pricing. Markets fluctuating so fast.

1 Like

KBB : car value
as
Vantage : credit score
and
Zestimate : home value

11 Likes

Some Banks give out mortgages on this value for refinancing lol so it’s not that irrelevant. .

:joy::joy:

1 Like

Still exploring Oregon and Washington coast as a Cali exit strategy, and have noticed the trend over the past few years on the Zestimate: sometimes it trends higher than final solds for months, then tends to match for a while, then sometimes (Spring usually) solds outpace the Zestimate. Wonder what takes Alex and others in the bizz thinks of this as a ‘following’ indicator.

2 Likes

I personally think that AI based “appraisals” can sway one way or other with just a wrong update or missing information like. Sheriff Sale, foreclosures etc…

1 Like

Yes, I understand that. But we’re not talking $2-3k here. The Carmax offer was $54k and KBB is at $73k. So KBB is 35% higher than what Carmax came back with. Again, this isn’t a small difference which should be expected.