Off Topic Landfill 5

Even if I had 6 months left on the Audi ? Tell me more

Move to landfill k thx

Is this supposed to be a good deal?

Meme Shock GIF by Evan Klar

1 Like

The best part is, he was bragging about ā€œknowing a guyā€ who could get him under MSRP. Then he posts an over-MSRP deal as if he was proving his point. This is such a shitty deal.

1 Like

I got a car in 1 week, I didnā€™t have to wait 3 months. I didnā€™t have to pay my 6 months for the Audi saving 3k cash. Whatever was the equity in that car went into the MDX, I paid literally nothing but standard fees. If someone is getting an MDX tech in nj for less than 660 in would like to see them post that. The way I see it is that i got rid of old car that was costing me money and I got a new car which is costing me the same over 3 years. I broke even and Iā€™m happy to be driving a new car. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

the guy is a :clown_face: ignore him

2 Likes

Very nice. Which state/city was this? Hard to see to see those in the midwest IL.

I mean if thatā€™s how you want to rationalize your $800+/mo effective payment, go ahead. Even if you want to pretend you didnā€™t put down $6k, you cannot deny that you paid over MSRP.

I just bought out my lease and sold it to realize $5k in equity. If I put that $5k down on a car in a month or two should I pretend I didnā€™t?

i think what OP was trying to justify was that the equity in the q7 was basically ā€œhouse moneyā€, which is fine. thatā€™s a fine way to look at it. that said, q7ā€™s have typically had well over 4k in equity, so iā€™d venture to guess OP left about 3-4k on the table.

Dealership ate well that day.

1 Like

Thatā€™s fine (I guess) if he wants to look at it as house money but the problem is his challenge to others to post a deal at $660/mo with just fees DAS when thatā€™s not what his deal was.

Question, When you bought out your lease did you pay taxes to get the 5k ? Or thatā€™s after taxes ?

I was in the same position, do I buy it out to get whatever positive equity there is that I will still have to put down to a future car because the market condition we are in. So I decided let the dealer to do that so I donā€™t need to have a headache with the paperwork. Positive equity is almost rare as the market we are inā€¦leased cars donā€™t appreciate period.

In 2 years Iā€™ll sell the MDX back to him and roll equity into another lease. Over the 36 months span I will continue to pay the same amount as I did between the two cars so it works for me.

The deal is over MSRP I get it I paid more, I never said I was going to get it under msrp I said I know a dealer that will be able to deliver it quickly.

Just for transparency, when my payoff quote was like 38k, vroom was giving me just under 43k at most out of all the dealers I inquired about. Iā€™m just wondering how I left money on the table ?

You should have picked up this lease while it was still up for grabs:

Damn missed a :unicorn: next time, btw I know a guyā€¦

1 Like

Are you able to get any ID.4ā€™s for purchase at a good price?

Hi, This thread is for my Volvo deals, but I do know some VW dealers. All at full sticker for ID4ā€™s and theyā€™re tacking on some dealer add ons.

I can pay the rent on my waterfront apartment in Florida with just the tax savings I netted leaving pa. I also can forgo wearing a mask here, and Iā€™m allowed in restaurants in the cities. Cost+ freedom+ quality of life certainly was a factor. However, I took housing away from a local and absolutely contributed to rising costs here. No denying the impact of all the clueless economies in the northeast. Their cities are decaying yet they collect more tax revenue then most other cities. Philadelphia is actually the highest taxed city in the country. You pay an extra 3% income tax just for the pleasure of living in that shithole.

1 Like

ah yes, the freedom of florida. this post is just a chefā€™s kiss of everything wrong with the state.

Iā€™ve always had a second home here. But when the PA governor tells me where and when I can leave my house in Pennsylvania using mandates, not passed laws, yes Florida is free in comparison. Feel free to retort.

States rights always were meant to supersede the federal government. Thatā€™s what creates a great nation. One state moves in the wrong direction, another state capitalizes on it. The losers then are forced to compete with the winners.

1 Like