Off Topic Landfill 5

I’d call bullshit but there really are people that dumb and or careless with money.

Loving the posts we’re seeing lately for some American v8 muscle. Congrats!

Hypersonic is a tremendous color well done

4 Likes

Damn that’s the nicest car I’ve seen recently.

1 Like

What a beautiful spec! I love it congratulations!

1 Like

Your all just copying the true V8 muscle I bought.

Bumper bully and or optional frame welded front bumper bar?

Negative, just parked literally bumper into bumper :sweat_smile:

@HersheySweet look what they did to the 4xe :unamused:

Do you do national ship?

Unfortunately not.

Typical from NPR bringing race into the equation…then it’s elderly, then women. How about do some research before you spend that much money on a vehicle! All the info you need takes about 30 mins on forums to find out.

The only thing those studies show me is that middle aged caucasian and Asian men, in general, do more due diligence before making major auto purchases.

Just more capitalism is bad BS and larger government will save us from everything. Terrible article as usual

12 Likes

I wish I could like that twice.

5 Likes

I know white males who paid some stupid lease payments and didn’t know what a MF or RV was…NPR gonna report on that? I guess that doesn’t fit their narrative!

3 Likes

I think the main narrative is that a non-insignificant # of dealerships are more than fine ripping off customers for as much money as they can, regardless of race or sex. Capitalism baby!

1 Like

You can say no to anything. That’s part of the due diligence process of learning how to buy a vehicle. Of course they want to sell more items at a higher markup. Like you said. Capitalism baby!

And they didn’t say regardless of race/ sex. They said the complete opposite.

3 Likes

You get the deal you sign for.

99% of people don’t even understand the basic fundamentals of car buying. Ask the general population about buying a car and they’ll act like its as complicated as buying a home.

If someone chooses to be uninformed during a purchase, that’s entirely their fault. Not the fault of the dealer, and not the fault of demographics.

1 Like

Isn’t almost any major purchase realized more effectively with research? I don’t know about you but applying the same rigor to insurance, mortgage, banking, home, appliance, electronics shopping saves money and yields a better purchase outcome. I get that car dealers are a rare haggling model, but that helps those of us willing to do battle.

The internet has leveled the playing field but only for those who choose to use it.

3 Likes

Which in turn would say the only truly disadvantaged buyer is one without access to the internet. My 93 yr old grandmother has an iPhone and is able to use it. So no excuse, absolutely everyone has access to the net. Doesn’t matter the demographic. It’s an education and personal finance issue only.

Rule #1. Never enter a dealer except for test drives.

Follow that rule and you can’t be “discriminated” upon. Maybe by one dealer, but not all. Which is why it’s good we have some freedom of choice among brands and franchises

5 Likes

Personal finance is something that they should start teaching in schools. Schools now use online courses for it but they aren’t effective at all

1 Like