Off Topic Landfill 4

401k match plus a great group rate for psychotherapy. We do weekly group therapy sessions together, which usually ends with @jeisensc stream of consciousness and @Ursus talking about the latest Volvo tech

8 Likes

I vaguely recall discussion from last time where we wanted to nominate longtime members (ie people who have been on the forum for x amount of time or have done x hours of reading). Members showing longevity would be nice, just so we arenā€™t inducting inactive folks into the secret society. Just raising that here (not targeted at anyone) as something to think about.

1 Like

I got a stickerā€¦worth it!

3 Likes

My Sensus did not start for the first time yesterday. Does this count?

Not to discourage continued discussion here, but everything in the ā€œvoting threadā€ that was not a nomination/vote/ā€œthanks - but no thanks - for your nominationā€ for 2021 THers has been moved here.

Carry on.

Should be landfilled imo, quite a bit of this discussion can be landfilled as well. I think if somebody can clean up the thread and then if anybody wants to add anything else it would be nice to keep everything organized.

I would be willing to bet this discussion is going to surface in the future especially if this forum grows, there will come a point in time where the distinction will have to be made imo. Subforum mods, etc etc

1 Like

Can you send me the link please. Thanks

My all time best investment will be Joe Biden and affiliated pacs, if he restores full SALT deductibility.

3 Likes

If he doesnā€™t thatā€™s a huge slap in the face to his base. Same as if he doesnā€™t ā€œforgiveā€ aka ask future generations to pay for, student loans. I think salt is guaranteed. Student loans is not. The salt deduction will cancel out what he raises my tax rate, so Iā€™m all for that.

1 Like

No Malarkey Joe ainā€™t forgiving student debt. He doesnā€™t believe in that and never has. Bernie and Liz and Alexandria will yelp and cry, but they arenā€™t making policy.

Short term: money printer will be lowered from brrrrrrrrrrrrrr to a mere brrr.

5 Likes

I think he will be much more tame than some believe. Even if he raises taxes it wonā€™t be anything substantial and just for show. His other policies are actually good for the market. Whatever he badly wants to pass he better do it in his first 2 years.

1 Like

I am just salivating at huge influx of new people in the country. 20 millions will be legal, refugee caps no more, plus the people from south of the border that will swarm in. In addition, to increased h1b1 visas, I might have to get a rental property. These people will need place to live. Unless there are any REITs that rent out to section 8? Thats guaranteed income.

Need to figure how to get family over here before amnesty.

1 Like

Not going to happen, just media scare stories.

We keep dangling the carrot waiting for you to take the bait.

Seriously now, when it comes to the marketsā€¦Trump=good, Biden=good, next guy=even better.

3 Likes

Hey i can care less what happens. I look at it on how can i benefit from it. Amnesty happens buy a rental but best thing would be to invest in REITs with section 8. If anyone knows one let me know.

Politics are heavy involved in decisions how to make money. Nobody saying Biden is good or bad or Trump good or bad. We just saying if they do certain moves this is the best way to invest.

Hey, Iā€™m with youā€¦letā€™s make $ā€¦but i fail to see how this will work since these people are already here and are already paying rent. I see inflation pushing prices up more than demand.

The muscle memory is in my moderation fingers now. And respectfully, Iā€™ve taken on better and mopped the floor. Though Iā€™m probably too old now to pick bar fights at Old Ebbitt and Bottom Line after work (then show up at M&S Grill late for a date with a lobbyist).

3 Likes

I think once they become legal they will bring their families here. Same as with 1986 amnesty that was supposed to end illegal immigration, this amnesty will create another huge influx. H1b1 will increase without a doubt, which is cheaper than american labor, hence better profits for big corps and higher stock market. More supply of labor will depress salary costs and as such higher profits again. It will be a boom to corporate earnings.

Old Ebbit then Hamilton for a night cap. Had some glorious times there from 2016 to 2018. Great bartenders and crowd.

link please
thanks!

Can you please DM me payment on G550 and G63. Also what would payment be for the S560 with 12k miles/yr. Thanks