Off Topic Landfill 4

What cars have you leased before that didn’t have an acquisition fee?

Apologies Donny and everyone. I have removed my postings on this topic. No disrespect or trouble was intended everyone! My apologies to all.

Apologies Enalyons. I did not realize my topic Stir much controversy. I tried to post an apology to everyone. And if there’s anyway I can make this up please let me know. However I wanted to answer your question as it’s fair.

I have leased Toyota’s. I’ve always had a disposition fee. But I have no recollection an acquisition fee in my past agreement. When I leased my last Toyota Tacoma and I was negotiating with the dealer I specifically remember talking about these fees. The one they would not budge on what is the disposition fee. I went to look for my past lease agreement to take a photo and post but I couldn’t find it. So that’s my bad. The only person I can fine to validate it was my father who was there with me when I negotiated the deal. Unfortunately I cannot position him as a credible witness because we are related :-).

I went to toyota.com and their website said they ‘may be’ included. But it does not say they are always or must be included. Here’s the link in case that helps.

https://www.toyotafinancial.com/us/en/financing_options/leasing_a_toyota.html

I did some research online and I did discover that many / most dealers try to include acquisition fees. But it was also noted that they can sometimes be negotiated out or rolled into the monthly payments. In my case it must’ve simply been lucky I was able to negotiate it out and I did not aware that it was so rare to do so.

Again my sincere apologies to all for stirring up so much controversy on the topic. I didn’t understand it it would be so controversial. My apologies to everyone in the hacker community.

No apology necessary. I was asking because I was curious as to what brands don’t have them. Aside from taking a MF bump to waive the acq fee I have never leased without one. Dispo’s are a thing I tend to not pay as I either sell before lease end or re-lease with the same brand. I have not ever bothered trying to get the disposition fee waived at contract signing.

Thanks for posting about your experience. To be clear, acquisition fees as a normal part of most auto leases - but it doesn’t come from a dealership. It’s not padded profit. It’s from that manufacturer’s finance company, so in the case of Audi, you deal w/ the dealership and there will always be an $895 acquisition fee from Audi FS. Whether you choose to pay it at signing or ask that it be capitalized into the lease will usually be a) proposed by your dealer subject to your requesting it be different; b) come down to how much cash you tell them you want to pay at signing - eg. if I say I want $1500 DAS, they’ll roll it in whereas if I say $2500, they’ll have me pay it at drive off; c) your explicit request. They can’t make you do it one way or the other.

But they can’t just not charge it. Audi FS is collecting it one way or the other.

Now, if you’ve had dealers let you negotiate out of it in the past, that’s all well and good… but just understand that that was part of your negotiating the price of the CAR. So if you come to a $30,000 negotiated price on a $34k MSRP Toyota because $30,000 is the lowest they can go… and they tell you $2k is due at signing, including their $500 acquisition fee, and you complain about it and tell them you’ll only buy the car if they waive the fee… and they agree to do it… just understand they didn’t really waive the acquisition fee. They told you that $30k was the lowest they’d sell the car for, but then because you pushed on the fee issue, they decided to ultimately sell you the car for $29,500. (Because $30k wasn’t really the lowest they could go, it’s just what they told you the lowest they could go would be.)

It’s great you’ve had it “waived” but I just want to make sure that you don’t think this is something that dealers can just wipe away because you don’t like it… they can, however, let you talk them into a better price for the car. (And that would’ve always been true, acquisition fee or no acquisition fee.)

I tried to convince my wife this morning she needs to switch from a BMW i3 to a Hellcat Widebody! Despite my best attempts at persuasion, I was rather unsuccessful.

1 Like

Just tell her you want divorce and spare her life.

Truthfully, as soon as I said “Dodge”…I didn’t even get to the model before I heard her say no🤪

1 Like

Then it’s a different story if she thought of the Dart

1 Like

She would probably drive a Dart before she would drive a hellcat widebody😜

If it doesn’t work out with your current candidate, maybe try and contact this guy? BMWFS would hopefully say yes?

1 Like

We can be sure they will not approve this guy, he does not have sufficient high-end car history. Some thing about driving around in a 20 year old Cadillac may not sit well with BMW FS. Goodness gracious.

He owns some BMW dealerships, so yeah he will DEFINITELY get approved

1 Like

Can you even imagine if he came back rejected? The follow up conversation with BMWFS would seem to be rather interesting…

1 Like

Yeah, I can and I would not go well, for sure

Great deal! How to get the additional $1,000 bonus from Chrysler? Please PM, thanks!

Please PM the link, thanks!

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. I can’t figure out how to make my own thread!
I was hoping for feedback on these numbers for a 2021 Honda Civic Sport.
10k/mpy, 245/m, 36/m, $0 down
MSRP/Sale Price: 23,805
Sales price Sub-Total: 20,532,50
Tax: 48.96
Money Factor: .00079
Aquisition fee: 595
Dealer fee: 799
Tag & title 416.50
Net Price: 21,760.87
Balance Forward: 22,660.87
Total Due at signing: 723
Includes GAP and wear and tear