Off Topic Landfill 3

How long does it take to buy a house?

Yes, letā€™s compare a lifetime investment to a 3 year rental

Also to your point, if you want to buy a $100K car from me, I can do it in an hour. If you want to buy a $100k house, good luck doing it in an hour.

Thatā€™s going around the point.

@mart not at all

There are stories (on the interwebs, so they MUST be true) of folks driving up to Tesla, walking to a lonely Covid table, picking up, reading and signing paperwork and driving away in their new Tesla in about 10 minutes total. HOWDTHAYDOOTHAT?

We aim to please.

Maybe an all cash deal?

I have purchased 1 car previously and leased another before this transaction. Both times I financed the car with the manufactures finance options. Previously it was a 3-4 hours process as waiting to get into the finance office and signing all the disclosures, working out down payment terms etc.

I was worried of the * as the price here could not be matched anywhere near where I live so I was a little hesitant to make the 200 mile drive to then find I missed something. I was wrong and happily surprised at how smooth this whole process was and why I wanted to let others know.

Since this was a lease you do need to fill out a credit check and sign some papers in person (this may be a requirement of the lender?). They also ask for contact info in the event I skip out on payments so there is a little bit of data entry. I also needed proof of insurance paper work and some other small things that needed to add to my file.

The dealership also detailed the car and gave me a full tank of gas so that takes some time as well. All in all I think an hour is completely reasonable. Hopefully we get to a point in technology that we can e-sign everything in advance and maybe get done in 30minutes? Not sure how fast you could clean and gas up a car in.

1 Like

LMAO, I was just trolling. I know these guys like to pretend like they are actually doing work.

The question is why is everyone transferring out of x3mā€¦

2 people in the private transfer section already have said their mom/wife didnā€™t like it and couldnā€™t handle the vehicle.

I tried to handle it without coming off like that but it simply boils down to the fact that women like suvā€™s, men like the M car as itā€™s top of the food chain, car is then driven by said woman and she doesnā€™t like it/canā€™t handle it.

Why would you even jump into this conversation in the first place? You add nothing of value to it lolā€¦

Itā€™s not the only reason people are transferring out but itā€™s definitely one of the top reasons.

3 Likes

Excellent behavior by a mod!

Literally having a conversation about a car, there was no need to interject and add controversy to a good topic.

I tried to downplay the topic as @paranoidgarliclover saw and we killed any controversial topics by downplaying them.

5 Likes

I thought you guys blocked each others!

1 Like

You took it the wrong way. Relax

Iā€™m not saying you add nothing of value, I didnā€™t articulate myself clearly.

That statement adds nothing of value to this conversation.

No need for a backhanded comment like that, itā€™s merely evidenced by the 2 examples in the transfer section.

We can certainly say them, though I feel like suvs are marketed and targeted toward women much like minivans were in the past, the thing is suvs get a lot more expensive than any minivan could.
As well as being trendy atm

Maybe thatā€™s even a bit too brazen for you, they are marketed towards families like minivans, either way you strike it they are marketed as comfortable and cushy vehicles.

Thatā€™s not a backhanded comment. Thatā€™s a bald faced calling out of poor behavior.

Hmm, Imagine an average forum poster being the logical one in an argument vs a modā€¦

No amount of logic will ever make sense to you on why the x3m has issues that go far beyond the car itself and more on the marketing side of things.

And again you have gone so far off topic to turn this into some sexist argument when itā€™s just cold hard facts.

Like I said one of the major reasons but not the only reason.

I think you should just go and landfill this whole exchange, it adds nothing to a good conversation.

2 Likes

I think the BAT has some jealousy issues with certain individuals. Sorry :neutral_face:

1 Like

You can fuck straight off.

Sorry pal. Someone had to tell you what everyone knows already

Wow, you leave for an hour andā€¦ As @Lazarus said, he explained himself more fully (I assume the poster is a he), and I was fine w/ that. ::shrug:: Iā€™m fine moving on.

2 Likes