Why is everyone transferring out of their X3M this month?

It would be interesting to know how many X3M drivers have even looked at their tires. Or will after they slide thru a stop sign this winter.

Those old enough to remember when most BMW and MB were RWD will remember hearing some people say “They are terrible in snow!” without a clue that they were on summer shoes.

2 Likes

This group of states makes up almost exactly half (49.95%) of the US population.

The sub-segment who live in one of these states that also worries about needing snow tires is going to be pretty small.

And I probably could have included several other states.

Rank State July 2019 Estimate Percent of Total
1 California 39,512,223 11.91%
2 Texas 28,995,881 8.74%
3 Florida 21,477,737 6.47%
8 Georgia 10,617,423 3.20%
9 North Carolina 10,488,084 3.16%
12 Virginia 8,535,519 2.57%
13 Washington 7,614,893 2.29%
14 Arizona 7,278,717 2.19%
23 South Carolina 5,148,714 1.55%
24 Alabama 4,903,185 1.48%
25 Louisiana 4,648,794 1.40%
28 Oklahoma 3,956,971 1.19%
32 Nevada 3,080,156 0.93%
33 Arkansas 3,017,825 0.91%
34 Mississippi 2,976,149 0.90%
36 New Mexico 2,096,829 0.63%
40 Hawaii 1,415,872 0.43%

That thread was hilarious.

The thing rides like a buck board! It’s no wonder people want to dump it after driving it a bit. I got one as a loaner when I took my 640GT in for service. Ride was literally worse than my old M3.

2 Likes

And also because Porsche doesn’t allow transfers, AFAIK :slight_smile:

They do bubba

Talking about Porsches for a sec. I saw a new Cayenne Coupe this past weekend in Western MA. It was silver and looked nice in person.

Huh? Care to elaborate?

Terrible idea let’s not do this

12 Likes

I will say it like this, suv’s are trendy.

Aside from men I would say Many women like the x3, x5, x7.

What’s not to like about their suvs, they are stylish, have great tech, luxury brand, etc etc

The full M cars not the Mxx throw luxury out the window, essentially these cars are built to be “supercar killers” whether it be on the track or in a straight line.

How else do you explain the m5 sedan dropping 0-60 times like 2.8-3.0 seconds on the street, or the m4 cs suspension to be very stiff… built for track use.

I think quite literally M took the x3 and made it very hardcore to appeal to enthuasists, which it no doubt does a great job.

With that being said most men let alone women aren’t even used to circa 500 hp in a rwd biased awd system, take the “trendyness” of suv’s plus a fully blown M car, with it looking very aggressive and staying relatively affordable (compared to the 100k+ sticker of the x5M and the x6M) and you have a recipe for a huge mistake for many buyers.

Like others have said the key issues with this car seems to be harsh suspension, sluggish acceleration on low rpms/speed, and the initial sticker shock of having to run 2 sets of tires.

It’s not the cost of the tires it’s just that most people aren’t used to running winter/3 season tires and going through the hassle of swapping them out not to mention having another set of wheels.

I think the key point comes down to the fact that suvs are viewed as comfortable and cushy but the x3M throws that out the window and thus you have a vehicle that some aren’t prepared for, man or woman.

Yes, thank you, I think that is the takeaway point.

What about non-binary sex robots?

3 Likes

They’re the only ones who can handle all the power, duh. :slight_smile:

You got that right. :eggplant:

1 Like

Im am about two weeks in to my lease- Its my first 350hp+ car.
I wanted an AWD Sedan/SUV that was powerful and one level up.

This was best bang for my buck. It was either this or the SQ5or X3 M40i. (Circa 350 HP) I was able to get a good deal on the X3M so I pulled the trigger. Although I was more attracted to the tech in the SQ5 the lease assumption for BMW is best in class (knock no wood)

Going in I knew that the suspension was very tight- So far I am ok with it, I hope the novelty does not wear off. I do see the there is a slight lag in the low revs.
I could not get close 1% on any competitors 470hp+ (GLC63, MACCAN GTS, ALPHA ETC.) so I went with the X3M and I dont hate it so far :slight_smile:

This is the first car that I am going to have to buy winter tires or something ( I am going to have to to hide them from my wife :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
and when I keep the car in sport mode it gets greedy with my gas.

I do hope that the market does not become flooded bc I am looking forward to my $700 payment remains attractive enough to a transferee to give me my MSDs back…

2 Likes

Can we just say “people” like them?

1957 called–it wants its mindset back.

:bat:

4 Likes

Terms we can’t use in 2020:

Man’s man.

1 Like

The novelty of my X5M lease wore-off after 11 payments and about 11k miles. Going 150 MPH that high off the ground isn’t exactly the most adrenaline-inducing experience.

1 Like

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 3

I admit, I just couldn’t handle all the power, okay?