Off Topic Landfill 3

All, please stop the back and forth; stick to Facebook for this type of conduct. This is a final warning. Otherwise, I’m going to have to close the Landfill to general comments.

4 Likes

Nope, not what I said.

Looking to lease a gls 2020 or x7 to replace my current gls lease.

Just start searching. Could wait for another month.

Any brokers or contacts? Thanks.

1 Like

Stop spamming, we get the point

Since it has been over 3 years from the last one, why not wait like 6 months until COVID cools down. Clearly people can’t be responsible and need the lock downs.

7 Likes

Totally understand where you’re coming from~ but I figured it’s outdoors so it shouldn’t be too bad? Even the Irvine city activities are still operating normally especially the indoor activities for kids- like DnD and daycare :man_shrugging: So I dunno how bad it really is at the moment. I guess it’s a come at your own risk situation. Most of OC is still opening normally as well- including indoor businesses.

5 Likes

Agreed. People should assess their own risk factor and make their own decision.

Besides, what was that phrase that was used? 15 days? 15 weeks? 15 months to slow the spread? :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

If it was only as simple as “your risk”. “Your risk” is riding a motorcycle without a helmet. Go for it, I won’t stop you.
A pandemic isn’t about you, it is about your fellow citizens. Your risk impacts others. The NJ wedding is a great example. 55 people went to a wedding that resulted in 9 dead, none of whom who actually went to the wedding. So your risk is society’s risk. And because something is open doesn’t mean it is okay. North Dakota is open while 1 in 800 residents is ending up dead. There was only 1 person who said 15 days and that person has an IQ of a 5 yo.

15 Likes

Why even let people drive cars? Every car that’s on the road is a risk to others. 1.25 million people die every year from auto accidents. We as human beings have to accept that there are risks and death around us constantly. If you want to wear a mask inside your house alone watching CNN go for it but I’ll take the fresh air with fellow hackers.

4 Likes

Or you can watch OAN and see the video of LAX with no one in the terminal, lamenting the lack of holiday travelers and impact of quarantining on the economy… when in fact millions flocked the airports yesterday. #outofcontext #propaganda

Sure there’s risk of driving and yes, a big downside to shutting down the motorways to mitigate that risk. But it’s a poor comparator to taking precautions in a pandemic, with what’s going on in the ICUs of every single hospital in the country. That my friend is undeniable.

3 Likes

I have a nurse friend who passed away from Covid. She contracted it from a patient who wanted to live his life. He survived. She didn’t.

So what? Tragedy strikes everyday. Yes that’s sad but that’s life.

3 Likes

So you would be find if u you contracted covid and gave it to your parents and they end up dying?

Sure. Or I could give them the flu. Or pneumonia. Or they could die in a car accident or they could commit suicide because the lockdowns forced their business and entire savings to be wiped out.

3 Likes

Lol, your parents must be proud.

1 Like

They are. Thanks.

2 Likes

I hope you guys can pull this together.

1. Millions flying one week does not mean all of a sudden everyone is traveling.
  2. Not every hospital is going crazy in ICU other than some pockets or clusters. Back in April go look at articles of hospitals all over the country letting people go because they stopped doing any other procedures.
  3. Covid is a risk but everyone can assess their own risk tolerance like everything else.
  4. If you want to stay home feel free to do so but you cannot demand everyone else to lock themselves up.
  5. Covid might be like the flu since flu cases seem to be way down this season and come back every winter. Do we lock up now every winter? And dont tell me flu is down because of masks because if that was so, why are covid cases through the roof. Bet you Karens want the grocery worker and food worker to show up everyday for work and uber eats and grocery delivery and cop and doctor etc? But you can chill at your home and finger point at people trying to live their life or survive operating their business.

Well these will all go on landfill but if you cannot go simply state so and keep it moving.

3 Likes

I realize that caring about others might be a foreign concept to some but it isn’t about YOUR risk. You might be low risk, great! But you can spread it to others who are high risk. See it isn’t about YOU (shocking right?), it is about the people you and they interact with.

5 Likes

If you want to dive off a cliff and risk it, great. If you want to drive and risk an accident, great. Understanding the risk of a pandemic, of spreading a highly contagious and virulent virus, a situation that affects all of humanity on this planet, requires using your noggin. The risk here simply cannot be compared to the flu, driving, cliff diving or anything else that incurs a unidimensional risk.

And yes, the ERs and ICUs are filled and everyone in them is fed up with the rampant ignorance that spits in the faces of the heroes on the front lines. FED UP.

7 Likes