2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

@JD81 - there you go - you have to figure out how to educate them and show them how to do it:)
And of course, report back.

Thank you @Lvs23 and @nextlevelautobrokers I will be lucky to get a quote under 300 here in upstate Ny haha.

Let us see the quote and have fun with it :slight_smile:

I’m truly hoping you sent the NYS website and not Slickdeals to the dealer…

I may not post as frequent as others but I truly hope you don’t think I would send slick deals. But that would actually be a great rebuttal lol

Send them this Drive Clean Rebate -> How it Works ->Consumer-FAQ

I purchased a car before March 21, 2017. Is my car eligible for the rebate?
No. The rebate is available only for cars purchased or leased on or after the program launch date. The legislation that passed in April 2016 directed NYSERDA to implement a rebate program within one year. Since that time, NYSERDA has worked closely with the program administrator, car dealerships and others in the industry to design and then launch the initiative on March 21, 2017. Only cars that are purchased or leased on or after that date are eligible with the rebate coming directly off the purchase price at the point of sale.

I am a NYS resident. Can I receive the rebate if I purchase a car from a dealership located in another state?
No. The car must be purchased or leased from a participating dealership registered with the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) as a new car dealership.

What are the repercussions of violating the 36-month ownership and lease requirement?
NYSERDA will enforce the 36-month ownership and lease requirement. NYSERDA may seek reimbursement for a portion of the original rebate amount if the requirement is violated. If you are in this situation, contact the Drive Clean Rebate staff to resolve your 36-month ownership requirement using the contact information at the bottom of this page.

Is the rebate taxed?
The Drive Clean Rebate is subject to NYS sales tax. Currently, there is a bill in the NYS Senate that may provide an electric car sales tax exemption. Please consult your tax professional for guidance.

So for NJ it says 79 with 999 down. With no taxes on EV cars in NJ, that comes to 106.75 which is also not bad.
Can anyone confirm? I emailed two dealers and obviously they don’t want talk via email and dragging me in.

It says down - not due at signing. You still need to pay for DMV, and probably some other crap fee they will try to spring on you.

4 Likes

Gotcha. I was hoping with a little haggling I can get them to stay in 100-110 range. Well… Next time.

California, I see $109 down with $2500 due at signing. California has a $2500 rebate, I believe. So basically, it’s $106/month. Pretty hot.

It’s not like you can’t at all. You might prevail. just need to try.

Some of the people on SD are probably sending the topic to dealers. They’re a special kind of stupid over there with anything car-related

I searched some of the dealer webs in SoCal and found none that posted this special…i don’t think they even know about it…lol.

I think everyone outside the frequent flyers here fall into that category. Knowledge is power.

This is the same as the Honda Clarity deal of 2018. Recall, same thing happened with clarity last year in October. Dealer played the same shenanigans, (don’t know about NYS rebate, deal is not real etc etc). A select few got the deal (I think around 150 a month - with one pay of around 5-6k). But for most, the deal was elusive. Only the dedicated, tenacious will prevail …

2 Likes

Isn’t that what we see here all the time especially featured in Trophy Garage?:slight_smile:

1 Like

I am heading the dealer now. Let’s see…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I didnt see this deal but I leased one in CA a few days ago. 4k down and 125 a month after tax. Looks like it got a little better oh well I’ll survive

Not to side track the thread but this is exactly why I made a post awhile back about trophy garage, being true hunted trophies. Brokers have their respective review pages for clients to display broker trophies. I think trophy garage should be deals you worked.

Now back to $100 dollar Hyundai’s haha

I just choose random used 2019 Ioniq with 800 miles on it. Got this quote