Nvm. Found the answer I needed

Hi everyone!

Considering my first lease and came across what seems to be a good deal. 2019 Porsche Macan loaner with 7,705 miles. Sales price is $47,700, no down payment, $199 doc fee and $212.93 in “upfront charges”. 39 months, 10k/year, .0022 MF, $34,128 RV, $599/month. First month and fees due at signing ($811.43).

Seems like a great deal, but wondering if I’m missing something. Right now, it’s this or a 2020 Premium Plus Q5 for a little less with nothing down. Looking to pull the trigger tomorrow. Appreciate the help!

Thanks!Hi everyone!

Considering my first lease and came across what seems to be a good deal. 2019 Porsche Macan loaner with 7,705 miles. Sales price is $47,700, no down payment, $199 doc fee and $212.93 in “upfront charges”. 39 months, 10k/year, .0022 MF, $34,128 RV, $599/month. First month and fees due at signing ($811.43).

Seems like a great deal, but wondering if I’m missing something. Right now, it’s this or a 2020 Premium Plus Q5 for a little less with nothing down. Looking to pull the trigger tomorrow. Appreciate the help!

Thanks!

1 Like

Where ya based?
What’s MSRP?
What are they throwing in for service if any since 10K is due right around the corner

I’d get it blessed by @fredyge94

He may even be able to do better for you

4 Likes

This seems to be a very good deal. Just a couple of questions.

• Do you have the original MSRP of this car?
  • Do you live in a state that doesn’t have sales tax on leases? It doesn’t seem that the taxes are included in this deal.
  • If the car is not certified, you should have the 10K service available. If it has the CPO, you wont get the 10K service.
1 Like

I second that ! Specially with such low drive offs

2 Likes

When did they give you this deal? Was it last month or this month?

Because the residual value seems to be off from this month’s program by about $1200.

For the taxes, how did you work this out with the dealer? Did you say that you were going to take the car and you are going to register yourself in Texas? Or did you have it as the dealer will register in Indiana and you will re-register in Texas down the line?

1 Like

Got the offer today. They said they were working a deal on the residual value, but I’m not sure if that’s true. Currently planning to have them register it here and then re-register it in Texas later this summer when she moves.

Do you have a link to this car on their website?

Unfortunately not. Have a printout, though if there is extra info you need.

Yes please! Post it here

Embarrassingly having trouble posting it up here. What info are you looking for? Happy to type it out. Thanks!

Do they have any details about the taxes listed?
Does it have a VIN?
Does it mentin anything about the Bank fee(Acquisition fee) ?
What dealership is this at?

This is a solid spec car. :+1:

Doc fee is a dealer fee. The acquisition fee is $1095 and it is from Porsche. So it cannot be waved or changed.

The $212.93 should be things like plates, registration, etc.

Overall, this is a solid deal. I actually think they made a mistake on the RV. For pre-owned deals, this usually happens because the numbers have to be run manually. If for any reason they try to change the number, that would be the reason. Based on the Porsche programs, and 7700 miles on the car, the RV should be $32,710. I could be wrong if Indiana has a different program based on that region. Based on that, this payment should be a $629/month. So if they will honor the number they gave you, take it and run with it!

As far as your registration, @Bostoncarconcierge @mani_is_kool, any input on this guys? If texas will tax him again for the full amount, I think he should register in Indiana and ride out the lease on Indiana reg. I am not sure what the tax rules are in Texas or Indiana.

2 Likes

I’d take that link down

Someone will take the car

5 Likes

That’s tax evasion. If he’s the one leasing it and he is a Texas resident, then it has to be registered in Texas and the tax paid there. If it is solely in his fiancee’s name, then technically it can be done, but it’s still shady. If it’s in both of their names, they won’t get the “new Texas resident special.”

Thanks. And not trying to be shady. My fiancee needs a car and I have better credit. That’s all there is to it.

Thanks. Was thinking that.

1 Like

Not endorsing it, but that kind of “tax evasion” is very common for people who have residences in multiple states.

2 Likes

Lol. We live in separate states, guys. I have a car. I’m legit not trying to dodge taxes. I just realized today at the dealership that if I buy it for her in my name, I’m going to get his with a $3k tax.

That’s a straw purchase, which is illegal.

Edit: If you co-sign for her, then it should be legal.

1 Like

Still illegal, last time I checked…

1 Like