Numbers not adding up

Hello,
I went to the dealership today and am looking at a loaner bmw 330i x drive. current mileage: 3912. These are the numbers they gave me and i plugged them into the calculator. However, the value they gave was 360/month. So not sure where the difference lies: No online code/loyalty code applicable. Just the college grad.

You didn’t account for mileage penalty in your residual. You will also have more than 1,000 in incentive dollars. An 18 has between 3500 + 4500 in lease cash depending on where in Jersey you were looking.

Thank you! but can you explain the mileage penalty in the residual please?

3912 miles on car, minus 500 * 0.25/mile = $853 residual reduction

Monthly payment info with no due at signing amount is useless.

1 Like

Ahh! Thank you!

I agree, lol I tried using the calculator to my ability and updated it: does this deal sound reasonable? because will attach the excess wear and tear package for dings and etc…and thats additional 31.25/month

That’s a terrible deal for a loaner. Have you read any of the other recent BMW loaner deals on here?

1 Like

Lol yup, backing out now Haha. Thank you, unless they price Match it without touching the money factor

I feel like converting the reduced $RV into a % to be plugged into the LH calc requires too much explanation…maybe easier to add it to SP?

Practically what I did

3912 miles on car, minus 500 * 0.25/mile = $853 residual reduction, $853/MSRP=the % to reduce the residual, so in this case with the bogus MSRP of $50,000

$853/$50,000=0.017, reduce the residual by 1.7%

I still think everyone should figure a lease out by hand to understand how it works, too many dummies on here try to use the calculator and just leave the default values in. It’s not that complicated, dealers just want you to think that it is.

4 Likes

Teach people to use the calculator first…baby steps

thank you for the clarification!

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Or a line item to be added to the calc like dealer screen, where they input miles and it calcs out the adjusted RV.

Then again, that could get messy as each mfg handles loaners different.

Hey guys, this is the sticker for the 3 series. My deal is 325 with 0 down and 1k for grad. Car has 3.9k miles on it. Residual is 59 but after adjusting for miles as multiple individuals have stated, it ends up being 57. Have 7 MSD. The numbers regarding dealer lease cash back and etc, the person I am working with doesnt know the numbers and the “finance” guy does. So how can I proceed from that? The MF he told me mimics 4.25% APR so its .00177 I believe.

Post a calc link