Numbers not adding up

I feel like converting the reduced $RV into a % to be plugged into the LH calc requires too much explanation…maybe easier to add it to SP?

Practically what I did

3912 miles on car, minus 500 * 0.25/mile = $853 residual reduction, $853/MSRP=the % to reduce the residual, so in this case with the bogus MSRP of $50,000

$853/$50,000=0.017, reduce the residual by 1.7%

I still think everyone should figure a lease out by hand to understand how it works, too many dummies on here try to use the calculator and just leave the default values in. It’s not that complicated, dealers just want you to think that it is.

4 Likes

Teach people to use the calculator first…baby steps

thank you for the clarification!

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Or a line item to be added to the calc like dealer screen, where they input miles and it calcs out the adjusted RV.

Then again, that could get messy as each mfg handles loaners different.

Hey guys, this is the sticker for the 3 series. My deal is 325 with 0 down and 1k for grad. Car has 3.9k miles on it. Residual is 59 but after adjusting for miles as multiple individuals have stated, it ends up being 57. Have 7 MSD. The numbers regarding dealer lease cash back and etc, the person I am working with doesnt know the numbers and the “finance” guy does. So how can I proceed from that? The MF he told me mimics 4.25% APR so its .00177 I believe.

Post a calc link

Tell him to send you a screenshot of his lease calculation screen. All BMW dealers do the same. His “finance” guy can give it to him.

I will thank you!!

hey! i got the vehicle today but was wondering if you could help me out understand some of the values…i believe…it was a decent deal: can i PM you the numbers please?

Why not just post them to the thread?

1 Like

idk why: silly mistake, i am a noob so perhaps didn’t want to be judged too hard lol.
So its a 12 k/36 month lease…i did do 7 MSD; 5500 in incentives (4500 lease and 1K grad)–no OL or loyalty code. the Residual value is 57%. 325/month is what i am paying prior to adding the protection package for the paint and stuff (361. after this). MSRP: 50,030.00. Box 10: point A…not sure if 42,818.88 or 43,983.88 is the value i should use for the selling price? My Due at signing was: 5950–2450 was MSD…and 3500 was all taxes/first month/gov and etc. 0 downpayment. I attached the pic fo the contract and the calculator and how i used it to my abilities: lol

This was a loaner? If so, you didn’t get enough dealer discount. Should’ve been closer to 20% (or at least tried). 12% would have been solid on a new one with 0 miles.

What’s done is done though…enjoy it for the next 3 years.

Thank you so much! Was just not seeing how they got the numbers: the numbers, when i tried to input them into the calculator, were not the same so just trying to understand it better for the future so I’m using the the resources on this beautiful website properly and to its fullest potential is all. Thank you!

hi guys,
how do i apply rebates towards drives and/or just do minimum drive in the lease calculator?