Nominate new Trusted Hackrs! (2019)

This would be a super interesting off-ramp topic to discuss. I can think of several examples of this in the hospitality industry as well

1 Like

@BoardWalkNJ gets my vote… would be good to have a math nerd as a trusted hackr :nerd_face:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Given the subsequent feedback, I think we can all agree that @Ursus, you are a “value add.” :wink:

2 Likes

@meakacaptainawesome

1 Like

I nominate @RVguy. He knows his stuff and helps with real insider RV knowledge.

4 Likes

So here is where uncertainty about Trusted status lies for me: trusted are also moderators (was not like this in the beginning). So, is RVguy trusted? Absolutely. Will he be moderating also? Not so sure. Even some current Trusteds haven’t done anything as mods for years. But I really like you, Ed lol
Should there be separate Trusted and Mods groups? Mods are trusted by default, Trusted members are not mods by default.

13 Likes

I think there’s definitely a distinction to be made between someone being marked as “this person has experience and knowledge and should have some sort of mark reflecting that” vs “this person should be able to moderate topics, etc”. That doesn’t mean that there can’t be overlap there though.

2 Likes

I agree. If you see the current list of trusted hackrs, there is a few that are not able to contribute much in terms of moderating the forums. With the daily traffic of new members joining, I believe, we need quite a few members who are here on a daily basis.

3 Likes

@BoardWalkNJ

2 Likes

@michael can someone nominate themselves if they would like to be a @trusted_hackrs

Don’t know if nominations are over, but I nominate @Britten440. Very knowledgeable particularly with BMW.

Trusted Hackrs have been nominated and approved. Closing this thread for now until next time. Thanks for the community for its continued growth and trust.

1 Like