No Dealer wants our Lexus?

My lease has been extended 2x with Lexus. Final payment is due Tuesday. There’s about 10k in equity on the Lexus. We contacted Volvo and they are saying they won’t take the car and no other dealers will either.

Anyone else hear this? I’d rather not just hand in the keys and throw away the equity but I don’t want to buy out the lease.

1. How do you know there’s 10k in EQUITY
  2. Why didn’t you take it to a Volvo dealer and not a Lexus or Toyota one?
4 Likes

My buy out is $23k and talking with Lexus, they said they’d “buy back” for $33k leaving $10 to roll into a new Lexus, but I don’t don’t want another Lexus. I did go to a Volvo dealer. They don’t want it

How much did carvana/carmax/autonation/etc offer for it?

2 Likes

So one Volvo dealer not wanting your Lexus became “No dealer wants our Lexus?”

25 Likes

And that New Lexus they want to sell you just coincidentally has 10k of Additional Mark Up?

12 Likes

What year/model/mileage?

The guy we were working with at Volvo claimed that.

lol exactly.

Ask them to buy out the car without you purchasing another Lexus. There is always a catch.
I also wouldn’t take one store saying 10K as it definitely having 10K. Dealers love to lie and play with numbers

I would try all the major car buying sites that people use in here and see what you come up with.

Carmax is up the street. They claim they can buy for $34, which is the direction I’m leaning.

Just sell to Carmax. Seems like a no brainier?

19 Likes

So the Volvo guy lied to you…

6 Likes

2020 NX F sport with 22k miles

Sleazy salesperson or just incompetent is the question.

2 Likes

I’d run over there and go for it. Good luck.

I’ll go with Incompetent as his incompetency lost him a sale of a Volvo.

3 Likes

Sounds like theres a dealer that wants your lexus

24 Likes

“Incompetence often looks like malevolence but is far more common.”

9 Likes

AWD or FWD?

1. Yes other dealers will bid to buy your Lexus. The main question is how have your maximized the bids? How many have you sought?

2. The other main question is what’s the deal on your next car?

Don’t lose sight of the main issues.

Title needs to be changed by OP.

1 Like