No Dealer wants our Lexus?

Or he didn’t know

1 Like

The car is AWD

You definitely have a lot of equity in that. And as stated previously, there’s no restrictions on Lexus 3rd party buyouts. I’d shop it around to all the usual buyers.

I’d guess incompetent

3 Likes

Is there a way to pay to see the mmr of a vehicle if not a dealer or broker?

Give me the vin offered a pretty penny for my 2023 Toyota. Drop off is done yourself across from METLIFE stadium in NJ. Check with them. Lexus/toyota lease are simple to buyout by third parties.

1 Like

Nope, but you can generally ask nicely on here and somebody will provide it.

1 Like

And if gmtv can’t beat that CarMax offer, they’ll give him $100.

2 Likes

Pretty sure MD and VA have better incentives on XC60 B5 Ultimate than NJ. Doc fees capped at $500 in MD. Try Bethesda. Ourisman has Lexus as well so they might have more interest in your trade than other Volvo dealers.

1 Like

Ohmigod, after serving on a jury and on our HOA board, never were truer words spoken…

At any rate, back on topic…

1 Like

I’m at Ourisman in Bethesda right now. Asked the dealer here and he says they’ll buy used Volvos. #random

1 Like

If you said Leased Volvos,they would have to say no.

1 Like

Thanks. Should it be ask the hackers?

Ourisman is horrible. Ask @ursus.

Thank you. I reached out - they do not.

Wait…why haven’t you just sold it to Carmax?

1 Like

Helped a friend just go through with this. Carvana would not buy out lease that close to termination. She had to extend and provide proof that lease was extended. Carmax may be the same way. I told her to try Autonation since they can buy many leases out in harder circumstances and they beat Carvana and handed her a check right then and there. $9k equity on her RX350.

Don’t most captives have a time limit on how close to lease maturity a person can sell a leased vehicle?

Re: Manheim Market Reports (MMRs)

If those in the community with access are willing, this could make for a nice ongoing thread, in the style of Edmunds (for MF, residual), where requests for MMRs get posted (providing needed info), and those who have access can post a screenshot, like you did. Or are there any privacy concerns, where that would be better handled, with DMs?

Just brainstorming here, I am not knowledgeable enough about the ins and outs of it…or how willing the dealers/brokers will be willing to share, since it’s a subscription based access, right? Those with more, insight, feel free to chime in about whether this is a feasible idea or not.

2 Likes

Call another Lexus dealer, I sold my GX to a lexus dealer, they gave me 12k over buyout and I didn’t pick up another car from them…check came in the mail in less than a week. I actually could have done a little bit better selling to one of the online wholesalers but it was easier just handing it off to the Lexus dealer and waiting for the check.

1 Like