NMAC rejected onepay lease for frontier pro4x. dealer asked me to resign

I signed for a frontier pro4x(msrp 45600) last weekend on a one pay lease for a bit less than $5862 DAS. Dealer called me tuesday and told me NMAC rejected the lease due to cap cost lower than residual plus $100 and wants me to go back and resign the contract tomorrow. The dealer said they will have to increase the cap cost on the contract and they will cover the cost difference which is about $500. They also told me i wont have to pay anythjng.
My questions are,

1. Who techinicall owns the car right now given that NMAC rejected the lease contract?
  2. Is there anythjng i should do to make sure thst the dealership doesnt screw me over with regards to the $500 difference that they are supposed to cover?

Someone make a master thread about this I’m sure we will see plenty more
Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV

8 Likes
  1. The Dealer
  2. You need to compare your old vs new contract
1 Like

Dealers make mistakes on 1pay contracts all the time, this is one of the reasons they dont like doing them…

1. Dealer owns the vehicle if they dont have a valid contract to fund.

2. Nothing you can do but they havent said or done anything to suggest they will pull a fast one

7 Likes

I plan to print something out in writing and ask the finance manager to sign it. Or email something to him and ask him to reply to the email.

The newer contract will difinitely say $6400 DAS and probably wont say the dealer is covering the difference, so still not sure what to do

There should have been a master thread on the frontiers long ago…

1 Like

Cap cost lower than residual?!

Thats how these frontiers are working now, its the oddest thing in leasing ever i think

The finance manager is not likely going to sign a form you typed up and printed out

3 Likes

I mean in this issue
This is the 3 or 4th person we see with this
One of the dealers refused to cut a check to the person saying that’s not standard practice

What do all these contracts show? Creative ways the dealer showed that more $ came out of my pocket than actually did.

1 Like

OP, just tell your dealer to copy that sheet lol

The $2509 “amount to be paid in cash” on the last image…I actually paid $0.

The capital cost reduction of $4002.02 on the 2nd one…I actually paid $0. Of the $19151.96 shown as the total, I recall my actual amount DAS was like $6300-6400 (this was a Bolt single pay).

On the first one, I dont recall what my actual DAS was but it was nothing close to the $8033.36 cap cost reduction (aka the dealer “made” that downpayment on my behalf via discount or some other accounting shell game).

1 Like

Yea I remember seeing that in your other post. It’s playing with the numbers so the contract can be funded

The dealer can be very creative if they need to be.

Now…based on some other discussions re: the dealer cutting back checks, etc and the legalities of it…to me them showing $ I didnt actually give them is effectively the same thing (and dealers do this all the time).

haha. He said he doesn’t want to play with different numbers. so he plans to just increase the sales price on the contract, so effectively, its just a different way to play with the numbers. He did say, they will cover the increase in cost. however, this will definitely increase my cost to extend the lease after 18 months.

I guess another concern is the residual, Given that this month’s residual is lower, I’m curious whether NMAC will honor the same residual now.

My contract,

They should, yes. You’re just recontacting for a unit sold in December.

I would sign it if the $ in question is just $500 and the dealer verbally confirmed they will cover it . They would have to be stupid to jeopardize their reputation for a few hundred bucks.