NJ Bolt Premier Mic Drop. $5618 One Pay, free after Buypower and NJ Rebate

Exactly, we are like John Kennedy’s quote says; at LH we see a deal and ask why not lower!

Some men see things as they are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were, and ask why not .

1 Like

@ElectricEliminator major props !

1 Like

So I submitted my rebate application today and I am #3472. The program has been active for about 8 months now, so that averages out to about 434 applications per month. I’m curious how that total compares to what the expectations were and I’d love to see a breakdown of applications by Make and Model of the car too. It seems like there’s been 3,000 Bolts bought here over the past two weeks on Leasehackr alone :joy:. I do think that it shows that many dealers might be overplaying their hands when it comes to demand, even with the incentive. Maybe the Costco rebate will be enough to really drive sales now? Maybe other NJ applicants could share their application number too as they fill everything out. It would give us an idea of how much activity dealers are seeing in general, Tesla notwithstanding.

I’ve been tracking this for the past few months. Counting your data point, NJ is doing about 1200 rebates/month and the growth has been a steady increase around 80-100/month; up to and including the current Chevy Bolt and Hyundai Ioniq EV deals. It hasn’t spiked any more from this Bolt deal than it has on other hot EV and PHEV deals in the past couple months.

Don’t forget, plug-in-hybrids at much smaller rebate amounts are counted in that same sequential applicant ID.

2 Likes

Just because they got $12k one-pay deals or are paying $300/mth, they shouldn’t be poo-pooing other folk’s deals :rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Congrats OP!

Question to experts😀 I have this deal worked out in Texas. Kindly let me know if this is a good deal?

MSRP- 39k
Miles - 15k/month
Term - 36 months
$0 down
Costco, dealer discount of 15%, dealer cash etc.,
Monthly payment - $259
One pay - $8993

For purchase… the dealer is saying $21700 without TTL

If you are in Texas I would inquire about tax credits with this dealer or maybe find one that offers them (assuming any Chevy dealers do, I don’t know that much about the tax situation in Texas beyond that). Without a detailed breakdown it’s difficult to judge. That discount sounds great if legitimate and that payment doesn’t sound incorrect for higher mileage and the inclusion of tax.

1 Like

Texas deals are impossible to evaluate without knowing whether you are paying 6.25% in tax on selling price or 1.25%

1 Like

I applied 9/8 and was #3171. That means 300 applications in a week, so it seems to be ramping up!!!

Did you get an approval yet? I’m curious if the processing times have changed since the start.

Under review. But money is reserved , in very unlikely event that program runs out of money

Processing time is definitely longer now.

Mine said the same thing, I submitted all the supporting documents last night so we’ll see how long it takes this time.

Congrats on the shoutout on Jalopnik! I assume Tom is referring to you in his latest story.

1 Like

With the Jalopnik story out, the best deals are now officially over. Congrats to all who got them quickly enough.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s me, but I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Jalopnik is an interesting place. Read the comments, it’s all people that are crapping on the car (who probably haven’t driven it), claiming that I am lying to get published (even though my name wasn’t mentioned and I didn’t really care if it was), trying to insist that buying it used is still somehow a better proposition, or crapping all over leasing because they don’t understand it. There’s been similar posts like this all over the electric car blogs and they really haven’t had any real effect on any of this.

4 Likes

I3 repeat, eh? Isn’t bloomburg this time.

It’s actually a good strategy to get the best price for yourself.

I’m imagining it went something like:

Dealer: “Why should I discount this car further? it’s already the cheapest lease you can get in NJ!”
EE: “Well, I already have this exact car parked out front, so I literally don’t need one. You have no
chance of selling me one for a real value proposition, even at $10/month. It has to be free. See?”
EE Clicks lock button and flashes horn/lights of the Bolt he’s already leasing
Dealer: “So why do you even want this car?”
EE: “For the story. I want to be able to say I got the car for free, or got paid to drive it.”
Dealer: “Okay, but what does that do for me and why should I lose money so you drive a free car?”
EE: “Because I come from a community of people online, where sharing that story is potentially good
fortune for you. Plus I brought you this bottle of whiskey. Please lose just a few hundred more
dollars on the deal for the story, and you might just sell a few more Bolts because of it!”
Dealer: “Wow, okay, you like Chevy Bolts more than anyone I’ve ever met. This is a fat loser but seeing
as you’re already driving a Bolt and are some kind of Bolt enthusiast, I’ll go for it and hope
the good fortune catches up with me”
EE: “I’ll post this everywhere. It will! Thank you”

As someone who has tried to pull a similar stunt (albeit without the Whiskey or the BuyPower Credit Card), there is definitely a degree of legitimacy and charisma you can attain if you come at it from this angle, and you park your existing EV next to the one you’re trying to buy.

3 Likes

Except the author barely touched on the leasing aspect of what makes this such a good deal at the moment, which I find really funny.

What’s your opinion on Tom? I actually used him to
Get a Durango lease a few years back before I found this site. I feel like he didn’t do a great job compared to the brokers on here.

I was actually going to use Tom years ago but I ended up getting a deal on my own before having a consultation with him, and then I found this site which kind of changed my perspective a little bit. He seems pretty knowledgeable about the industry in general, but I’m not sure that you’re going to get the kind of screaming deals that some of the brokers pull off here.

1 Like