Nissan's Carlos Ghosn fired, arrested over alleged income misconduct

$$$$ or the rock or torretto took care of him

2 Likes

Different world for those with such perks. The rest of us must play by the rules.

Was earlier reported by CNBC as well this afternoon.

3 Likes

Don’t be a Gaijin accused of a crime by a native. There’s little objectiveness in those types of accusations.

2 Likes

This story is incredible. Love it!

Shouldn’t he be arrested or droned for hawking Nissan CVT’s on the worldwide populous?

3 Likes

And it’s also standard practice for execs to have multiple passports in case you need to say sayonara. I laugh because if this white collar crime happened here(if it would even be classified that here) the guy would probably just got fired with some ridiculous golden parachute. Sounds like some Japanese execs were probably involved and they just wanted to railroad him, I’d be bailing too

5 Likes

Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

Do you like to hang around locker rooms…

2 Likes

YouTube makes that quote better…

2 Likes

Carole is in trouble too! We’re gonna need another box.

I imagine her repeatedly hitting Carlos with a purse yelling, “WHY DID YOU DRAG ME INTO THIS GO FIX IT.”

1 Like

Apparently Carlos is going to hold a press conference tomorrow in Beirut… I mean what could possible go wrong there

1 Like

Other than a drone strike?

1 Like

Ghosn finished his hour+ press conference in Beirut with parts in English as well as Arabic, French and Portuguese. Heard a few minutes and he was firing away against the Japanese justice system and Nissan

WSJ article (no subscription required).

Or ninja squads sent to recover him?

I’m too lazy to look up other sources, but, if I’m reading the article correctly, Ghosn have a 2-hr press conference to say that he will clear his name but not actually showing evidence that would…?

From the 20 mins I watched, it was pretty much a bash fest of Nissan and Japanese law. Think a Trump rally rant, only more coherent. If he provided evidence of his innocence, I didn’t catch it.

3 Likes

You’re unable to understand a Trump rally?

Sure, provided you can follow babbling and so many subject changes you have to go back and figure out what just happened.