Nissan VPP for Friends & Family

Hello! Can anyone shed light on how the Nissan Affiliate Company VPP works when leasing? I am not a direct employee of any of the companies on the list the dealer had, but I have friends who work at Nordstrom, Kaiser Permanente, Bank of America, United Airlines, and Garmin – which were each on the list.

When I go to https://www.insidenissan.com/home_nis.psp it appears that one of my friends could do some stuff to get a code I can use as their friend/familly. Great! What is involved with using that code? When I searched here/Google I saw lots of accounts of the dealership asking for proof of employment from the user. I wouldn’t have that, since I am the friend of an affiliate company employee…so what do I do instead?

I’ll be flying one way and driving back, so going into the dealership more than once is a non-starter for me, as is bringing my friend with me. Worst case I’ll pick the brain of someone at the dealership over the phone, but from what I did find in search it sounds like it’s advantageous to wait until you’ve settled on a sales price to mention VPP.

Please share with me what knowledge you have! Thank you!

Some activity on this recent thread regarding VPP:

For anyone else wondering the same as me:

I called the VPP customer service line and they clarified things for me. The list of companies the dealer was looking for my employer to be on is for Business Associate companies, which is different than NNA Affiliate companies.

The Business Associate companies include Bank of America, United Airlines, Amazon, Microsoft, etc, and the discount available through that program is available only to direct full time employees of those companies, or their spouse/domestic partner.

To utilize the VPP as a friend, it seems your contact must be a Nissan corporate employee or affiliated dealer employee.

NOW YOU (I) KNOW!

1 Like

may be I am following wrong. Is it possible for anyone to share the VPP certificate? Need one as I am in look out for SUV and Rogue is one in consideration.

I have owned 3 Nissans in the last 4 years still have a Rogue in my line up never have received a VPP code only a $500 loyalty Cert in the mail if i buy another.

I am eligible for VPP through the company I work for. In 2016 when I got my Q50 Red Sport I just showed them my business card and was good to go, but just last week I got a QX60 and they needed not only my business card but also then asked for my most recent pay stub which actually had our parent company on it who is NOT on the VPP list so they did not accept it. I had to get a letter from my Branch Manager verifying my employment with my company which did ultimately suffice. But it has gotten harder to get VPP since 2016 in my experience.

VPP can only be shared in a household and only twice a calendar year. It’s also gotten a lot stricter with requirements for pay stubs.

First post! But have a Nissan VPP question. I recently leased, as in yesterday, a 2019 Murano S. When I was calling dealers over the phone I was asking for their best…just the usual. So one dealer asked if I could use VPP and I said I wasn’t sure. So I searched and found state farm was listed. My wife is an agent and works in a state farm office so I said I guess I do as it accepted her email for the business partner discount. A while later I called another dealer, same situation…give me your best and I mentioned my wife works for a state farm agent and that she might be eligible for vpp. Turns out the dealer used vpp to get me the price I wanted but I didn’t find out till I went to sign the papers. Essentially I signed for the car and they said at the end if I could get a paystub or badge to verify vpp they would appreciate it. Reading about vpp more it appears my wife would need to work at the corporate state farm office to have it apply. I told them many times she just works for an agent but her email says state farm…they said it should be fine.

So what happens if the verification I provide them doesn’t work? I signed for it and the car is home with me and they took my other leased Nissan back.

Btw…my deal was

2019 Murano S AWD
MSRP 34600, .00065 MF, 960.08 rolled into payment, 4200 in standard lease incentives for 44333, 750 loyalty
Cannot remember actual selling price but it was aggressive

270 month all in with 600 down for 36/12

I think it’s on them to get the required verification up front. It’s sounds like you were honest with them and they felt comfortable moving forward with the VPP. If it doesn’t work out they’ll just have to eat it. Do not let them talk you into paying more.

That was my thought. Thank you. I’m a VPP newbie and well…I had no idea what the requirements were. Thought they would be the ones to tell me!