Nissan VPP (Maxima)

Hey all, just wondering if anyone here has any experience with Nissan’s VPP program and how exactly it works…how much is taken off. I can get it through my company, but nothing on their website gives any kind of detail on how much is exactly taken off. Also, could this be combined with lease cash and any other incentives, like grad bonus? I’m interested in a new Maxima, but I don’t know if all of that could combine…plus does anyone know the current lease cash on those? I thought I heard it was around $4k? Thanks for the help!!

Click on this link and follow the steps for Nissan/ Infiniti VPP:

https://www.insidenissan.com/home.psp

Just a tip…do not mention your VPP in the first round of negotiations. Try and negotiate on what Nissan is providing and then what the dealership is willing to offer in rebates. Once you have worked the numbers and you feel the dealership won’t budge further, then talk about your VPP. Good luck

I just wish they had more info on their site. It mentions nothing of how much off sticker VPP gets you, nor if it can be combined with anything. Does anyone happen to know?

It says when you generate your certificate for a specific vehicle I think…

That’s going off this

https://www.insidenissan.com/vppclaimformpdf.msa?id=2142381&vin=5N1AT2MTXFC923570&msrp=27,065.00&vppprice=25,632.00&savings=1,433.00&purchaseplan=Business%20Associate

You will need to present a paystub from the past 30 days.

It didn’t ask me for my pay stub…but did ask for my work email and sent the VPP code there. VPP is on top of any other incentives/ rebates out there

The dealer will require some proof. According to that example certificate above, they’ll ask you for a paystub or ID and a letter from HR.

VPP company codes are here if you don’t have an email from work:

NISSAN VPP TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

$150 below Invoice

370Z

Altima

Frontier

Juke

Maxima

Murano

NCV

NV

NV2

NVP

Pathfinder

Quest

Rogue

Rogue Select

Rogue Sport

Sentra

Versa

Versa Note

$1000 below Invoice

LEAF

$1500 below Invoice

Armada

Titan

Eligibility:
Direct Full-time Employee, Spouse/Domestic Partner
VPP participants must reside in the continental United States, Hawaii, or Alaska
Proof of Employment Required:

A copy of the Business Associate employee’s current paycheck stub ($ amounts may be marked through) or a company issued photo ID noting employee name and company name or letter from your company HR stating active employment is required to verify proof of employment with Business Associate Company
Additional Details:

2 Claim IDs per calendar year for personal use under the employees name
4 Claim IDs per calendar year for business use under the Business Associate company name

Can I transfer my claim ID to another person?
No. Claim IDs can only be used by the person they are issued to, and the name on the sales contract written at the dealership must match.

How long is the claim ID valid?
A claim ID is valid for 45 days. If your claim ID expires, you can generate a new one as long as you are within your allotted claims.

How do I finance a vehicle purchased or leased through VPP and are there special rates offered for VPP customers?
Financing is handled the same way it is with non-VPP purchases. If you choose to finance through the dealership, normal credit standards apply. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation offers special APR rates to employees and their immediate family. Your Dealership can assist you with the most current offers.

Are all Nissan vehicles eligible for the VPP discount?
No. VPP incentives vary by model and actual savings will vary based on model, trim and options selected. Not all Nissan models or trim levels are eligible for VPP. Contact your local dealer to inquire about model eligibility.

Can a dealer refuse to honor the VPP discount?
Yes. Please remember, our Nissan dealers are valued business partners/internal clients, but not obligated to participate in the VPP program offers.

How much will the vehicle I’m interested in cost?
You can view VPP pricing during the Claim Generation process based on dealer inventory or contact your local dealer for specific model pricing. Please note that any dealer-installed accessories are negotiable between you and the dealership. There is no pre-negotiated VPP price for dealer-installed accessories.

How can I find out what incentives are offered on the vehicle I’m interested in?
For information on current vehicle incentives, contact your Nissan dealer.

Can the value of my trade-in be used to further reduce my purchase price?
No. The value of a trade-in can be used to pay for your vehicle purchase, but it cannot be used to determine your purchase price. Your trade-in must be handled as a transaction separate from the VPP price calculation

Can the dealer charge me a documentation fee with VPP?
Yes, the documentation fees should be the standard charge for all customers, including VPP customers.

INFINITI VPP TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
At Retailer Invoice

Q50

Q60 CONVERTIBLE

Q60 COUPE

Q70

QX30

QX50

QX60

QX70

QX80

ELIGIBILITY:
Direct Full-time Employee, Spouse/Domestic Partner
VPP participants must reside in the continental United States, Hawaii, or Alaska
Proof of Employment Required:

A copy of the Business Associate employee’s current paycheck stub ($ amounts may be marked through) or a company issued photo ID noting employee name and company name or letter from your company HR stating active employment is required to verify proof of employment with Business Associate Company
Additional Details:

2 Claim IDs per calendar year for personal use under the employees name
4 Claim IDs per calendar year for business use under the Business Associate company name
FAQS
Can I transfer my claim ID to another person?
No. Claim IDs can only be used by the person they are issued to, and the name on the sales contract written at the retailer must match.

How long is the claim ID valid?
A claim ID is valid for 45 days. If your claim ID expires, you can generate a new one as long as you are within your allotted claims.

How do I finance a vehicle purchased or leased through VPP and are there special rates offered for VPP customers?
Financing is handled the same way it is with non-VPP purchases. If you choose to finance through the retailer, normal credit standards apply. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation offers special APR rates to employees and their immediate family. Your Retailer can assist you with the most current offers.

Are all Nissan vehicles eligible for the VPP discount?
No. VPP incentives vary by model and actual savings will vary based on model, trim and options selected. Not all Nissan models or trim levels are eligible for VPP. Contact your local retailer to inquire about model eligibility.

Can a retailer refuse to honor the VPP discount?
Yes. Please remember, our Infiniti retailers are valued business partners/internal clients, but not obligated to participate in the VPP program offers.

How much will the vehicle I’m interested in cost?
You can view VPP pricing during the Claim Generation process based on retailer inventory or contact your local retailer for specific model pricing. Please note that any retailer-installed accessories are negotiable between you and the retailer. There is no pre-negotiated VPP price for retailer-installed accessories.

How can I find out what incentives are offered on the vehicle I’m interested in?
For information on current vehicle incentives, contact your Infiniti retailer.

Can the value of my trade-in be used to further reduce my purchase price?
No. The value of a trade-in can be used to pay for your vehicle purchase, but it cannot be used to determine your purchase price. Your trade-in must be handled as a transaction separate from the VPP price calculation

Can the retailer charge me a documentation fee with VPP?
Yes, the documentation fees should be the standard charge for all customers, including VPP customers.

Okay, so for example, if there was $4000 lease cash and $750 grad bonuson a Maxima, would I be able to take the VPP price, then minus the $4750?

yup. but it’s extremely important to negotiate on your own. get the lowest sell price BELOW invoice and then throw VPP at them for another measly $150 off lol.

As a broker and I have done quite a few VPP deals
For all Infinti it’s 1250 extra off invoice
For nissans is depends on the car anywhere from 500-1000
Sentra is 500
Murano 600
Maxima and Altima is 600

2 Likes

It’s deducted off the selling price