NISSAN not allowing lease extension on One Pay Lease

Hi All,

My 18 month Nissan Frontier lease is coming due at the end of next month, after calling Nissan, I was told since I have a One time Payment account, the system does not allow to submit for an extension. ??

My buddy who got the same lease as I did, however was making a monthly payment, was able to get an easy 3 month extension.

Does anyone know if this is a thing ? or Shall i continue to call until I reach someone who can approve it ?

Tx in advance

1 Like

Would be interested to hear data points, I have 6 months still left on mine so haven’t tried myself. But I think NMAC is notorious for having CS reps that don’t know shit

Was told the same thing last week.

Sounds right. They will lose out on their super high RV and everyone would do it lol

Tried 3 diff times, with 3 diff reps… all sounded positive I can have the extension until they saw my account was “One-pay”

I guess time to search a replacement.

Good Luck all @

Makes sense that they would only allow monthly leasers paying the full MF to extend. They’d rather dangle the loyalty carrot and hope people bite before the new Tacoma competition is in full swing

Haven’t seen any reports of one pays being extended. Sounds like the NMAC online account having a “payment amount due” with a due date at the end of the lease gave people false hope.

Was told the same thing few weeks ago

Just want to add a data point. Having the same “18 month Nissan Frontier lease” by monthly payment and asked an extension a few months ago very easily. Called again recently to ask another three-month lease extension but was told I have to provide some proof that I’m waiting for a new Nissan, otherwise the lease can only be extended once.

How many months Nissan allows the extension for?

The answer is Zero right now and 3 a few months ago.

They might’ve wised up to prevent that now.

1 Like

Has anything changed on this? My one-pay lease is ending in Oct. Was hoping to get 6 more months :melting_face:

I have a pathfinder lease finishing up this winter but will be hitting the mileage in the summer. Can I just give back the lease early if I don’t wanna pay mileage fees?

If you are on a one pay, you should be able to just give it back early, since you already made all the payments. If you did not make all the payments, you will be in default and may owe significant additional amounts.

How many months did you have left when you called?

What about if all payments will be made now and return, let say in 3 weeks. Is this going to be an early termination or standard return?

Pay all the payments and thats it, no early termination.

FWIW - I called in today and they could extend it 3 months. I have a one-pay 18 month lease up in Nov.

1 Like

Whattt how did I pull that!? I called 2x and. Itb I’ve been told a hard no. I’m on a 1 pay with a little less than 3 months left

Maybe try chat. The guy on the phone convinced me to wait till later so I didn’t take the offer. Sure hope that doesn’t change!