Nissan maxima 2020 SR lease offer

Hi every one.
i have been researching market since 15 days now. mentioned below is the best quote that i have so far. i am thinking that i should sign this deal. so need your feedback if this is decent deal or not. Thankyou!

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Nissan Maxima SR
MSRP: $ 43,320
Selling price: $ 36,800
Monthly Payment: $ 392 (including Tax)
Drive-Off Amount: $ 3000 ( includes 1st Month+ every thing else)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 15,000
MF: .00003
Residual: 48%

Have you looked into whether you qualify for VPP? That may help if it’s not already included. I get that it’s a 15k mile a year lease, but 400 a month plus inceptions just seems like a lot to pay for a car from a company that is desperate to sell new cars. I wonder what a comparable Infiniti would look like?

Definitely prefer the Maxima SR, but if I can’t get it under $430 at zero DAS then I might have to look at the Q50

That residual is terrible, your effective payment is $464/mo, I’d skip Nissan and Infiniti and look at other makes, the designs are ancient hence the awful residuals

For that kind of money you could definitely do better from a different manufacturer altogether. Given their current predicament Nissan has a lot of nerve charging close to 50k for a full size, non premium/luxury sedan with a CVT, that’s for sure.

3 Likes

Some thing is wrong with Maxima. I contacted /visited almost every nissan dealer ship only because i like the Sr ride. But residual is so messed up that no dealer can give better rate even after discounts and rebates.

The residual isn’t messed up, it’s just low because they have poor resale value used and Nissan isn’t looking to artificially inflate them and get killed when they get returned in a few years. If anything they might be slightly inflating them now. 15k miles a year only makes it worse for obvious reasons.

1 Like

Thanks every one for input. Perhaps time to look into other options.

470 a month effective? You could get a Volvo s90 or s60, or a BMW 3 series, maybe a 5 if you push it.

1 Like

I just finished up my 2017 Maxima SL. $320 a month with $700 due at signing. I was looking at the lease contract after I gave it back and saw that the rent charge on the whole lease was $55!

The best offer I’ve received on one of these is $444 + tax with $0 down. Currently in a 2017 SR. Needless to say, not going into a 2020 this year. Agree with previous comments, look elsewhere.

Get the SR if that’s what you really want, but there are really nice full-size sedans out there for the same price.

A bit smaller, but perhaps an Accord 2.0T if you are trying to stay in a reliable Japanese car? Or, it that’s your budget, you could check out some luxury brands like Volvo and the German makes.

SR is a nice ride but not for that price.yep accord seems to justify its price tag.

Can we please not compare a large sedan with a luxury compact ?

S90 is a very large sedan, and larger than the Maxima. 5 series is also comparable.

Though both options are more luxurious, they can definitely be had for the quoted price of the Maxima if not less.

Seems high to me, and like others mentioned- look into an Infiniti at that price…adding that I rented a Maxima a few months ago for a business trip, and yes- that engine is sweet!

470 is a bit high. I have platinum and I am paying 400 a month with 400 DAS.
(plus 15 a month for tire and rim protection which came in really handy since 19 wheels dont have much rubber on them.)

Im trying to get rid of my 17 Altima SR lease is up this July. Done with Nissan, things are going well and I want to look into getting into a BMW or another luxury brand. I just don’t know if I’m stuck taking it back to Nissan to have them pick every little thing apart thats wrong with the car vs. taking it to the dealer i’d lease from (bmw, merc, etc…)

Sorry what? Every single car I listed is a luxury sedan. Volvo S60/90, bmw 3 series sedan and bmw 5 series sedan. The stretches of cars, the 3 series and s60 are still very comparable to a maxima. Trust me we used to own a Maxima and recently got rid of our Altima. We lease a s60, and cross shopped a 3 series. Maxima is comparable to a s90 in size, but for the budget of 470 you can do much more than a s60 I mentioned. As for the 3 series, they are roughly 280-mid 3s with options. His budget for a Maxima can easily stretch into a 5 series if he wishes, context and read before dissing please.

1 Like

Okay, Daman, there are two things you can do. You can either buy the lease out and sell it if it has positive equity. The other possibility is to take it back to Nissan, pay the disposition fee, and any damage you mentioned. You can do either.

Edit since I got you, look into Carvana, they pay WAYYYY over blue book.

1 Like