Nissan Leaf Plus 62kw now available

Don’t forget the fed credit gets cut in half for Bolt at the end of the month…probably worse deals after.

Yes, Very aware of that, as my current lease has a few more payments. Will be interesting to see if the prices take a big jump. I’m hoping I might be able to pull the cap cost down a bit to offset the difference.

What do you have now? I bet the SL Plus will be leasing for under $500/month $0 DAS in a few months if you have loyalty. Anything under that, who knows.

Have a nissan rogue now, so may get some loyalty discounts, and I have till august to make up my mind. Going to be watching for a deal like that, but I feel more comfortable to know that I could likely be just as happy with a bolt as a leaf, and my options are more open.

1 Like

Not sure if you saw the March sales numbers for the Leaf but they doubled from Feb, which is really surprising. Do you know if these are “sold to a dealership” or “sold to the consumer” numbers?

To customers. I can’t really explain it either. Their lease offers still suck, you have Bolt deals that are of a much more value and also the eGolf now with a great deal. I’m thinking most are actually sales not leases.

Yeah I would like to see the lease/buy figures. No one in their right mind should be leasing a leaf rn.

Decent lease deals on the 40kw Leaf in April. 36mo/10,000 leases only.

Details of said decent lease?

I think this is a National Offer. It’s from the Nissan website.

The offer is for 36/10,000 leases only, and is available on three trims. The SL trim is the only one I would consider. RV looks like 42%, which I think is higher than normal of the Leafs. No deals on the Leaf Plus (yet).

I have a 2015 SV with two months remaining on a relatively cheap ($200/mo) lease. With the rebates being offered this month, I’m very tempted to get a 2019. I could use the extra range (less swapping vehicles for those “longer” trips) and the extra safety features. I’m in the mid-Atlantic so the Comfort package with heated seated is a necessity. I also want blind spot detection which means the Technology package on the SV or the base SL. After adding both packages to the SV, it’s within a couple of hundred dollars of the SL, so there’s really no point in getting the SV. All of the SL’s around here seem to also have the SL Technology package, which adds Pro-Pilot Assist and lists for another $650. I don’t really need this option, but I’ll take it if there’s no other choice.

My 2015 has been trouble free and I would seriously consider keeping it at lease end (buyout including the $300 fee is $10K) if it weren’t for the extra range which would give us more flexibility. There’s also the possibility that my commute may increase (beyond the range of my 2015) and the 150 mile range would offer additional gas savings.

The dealer has offered to pay my final two lease payments and quoted me $359/mo with $0 DAS (includes the $10K of mfg rebates, $1K of Leaf loyalty, and $3500 State EV rebate. Costco pricing).

I haven’t driven the 2018/2019 yet but might try to get to my dealer this weekend. Very tempted, especially after my experience with the 2015, but will try and get the dealer down to $300 with $0 DAS.

LEASE OFFER

Excludes taxes, title, and license. $2,929 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $2,604 consumer down payment, $325 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $10,125 manufacturer’s rebate applied to $325/Month lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restrictions.

2019 LEAF SL Lease model 17219 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation. $37,095 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $23,401 includes a $650 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $11,700 At lease end, purchase for $15,580, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $.25 per mile for mileage over 10,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 04/30/2019.

Yeah the national deal is essentially $4k down after drive offs, adding $111 to the lease payment. $359/month with $0 DAS for an SL would be a really solid deal IMO. Can you post the details from the dealership if you have them?

I too had a 2015 S I really liked, and now have a 2018 SV. The difference is night and day. I had to fight tooth and nail for mine at $332/month (pretax) $0 DAS, 12k miles/yr and I qualified for VPP and loyalty. I did a deal for my dad a couple weeks ago on a leftover 2018 SL, he’s at $440/month $0 DAS, 15k miles a year.

My state (DE) has a $3500 EV rebate which offsets most of the upfront money.

I’m going to a different dealer this afternoon and will see how low I can get them to go. Will PM you the dealers name later.

You said the difference is night and day. Care to elaborate?

Are you sure you get the state rebate even with a lease, most require the vehicle to be in your name to be eligible.

Yes. In Delaware it applies to buy or lease.

I used the rebate on my 2015 Leaf.

1 Like

E pedal alone makes it worth it. I seriously hardly ever use the actual brake pedal. I also have to drive around 75 miles for work some days which was close to impossible towards the end of my 2015 lease, no more range anxiety. The 236lbs of torque you can really feel too, you will like it.

I’m jealous of the $3500 rebate here in AZ. We do get carpool lane access as a solo rider which is a nice perk. Do you have to keep the car for a certain amount of time to keep the $3500?

Good luck out there today, come back and keep us posted if you get a deal done.

Wife and I drove the SL today and really liked it. E-Pedal was great (reminded me of the BMW i3 I drove for a weekend a few years ago) and ECO mode wasn’t nearly as power-draining as on my 2015. I agree about the torque too. The SL is really nicely finished in the interior.

Sales manager was clueless about the National Offer and the Delaware EV credit. Quoted me around $385 with $0 DAS, and this was after I told him what the other dealer quoted ($359). I walked away and by the time I got home I got a text from my sales guy with an offer for $329/month with $0 DAS. This is actually what I expected. This dealer’s price was $1000 less than the other dealer’s with the Costco discount ($2600 vs $1600). I’ll call the other dealer Monday and maybe do a deal on Tuesday. :slight_smile:

There’s no requirement in Delaware to keep the car a certain amount of time to keep the $3500. Delaware (unfortunately) is not a ZEV state, but follows LEV guidelines. It’s frustrating because the surrounding states (MD and NJ) are ZEV, and get better deals than we do. But the $3500 really does help on BEV’s.

Yeah, e-pedal is great and my favorite feature over the 2015. My wife actually turns it off when she drives it eyeroll. $329 and $0 DAS is a really solid deal on a 40kw SL given the current EV lease deals right now. Any Costco cash card available if you get them to match the $329? Nice job on this.

Does Costco guarantee lowest price? Not sure who the cash card you refer to is coming from.

I’ve never gone through Costco, not sure sure about the lowest price guarantee. Others here have posted they have gotten a Costco gift card when going through the Costco program, some as high at $700,

Gotcha. Some of the Costco special promos (Chevy for example), have included Costco cash cards in the past.

This isn’t a special offer - just regular Costco pricing on Nissan vehicles.