Nissan Leaf Plus 62kw now available

Got a similar lease offer from a dealership today, same MF and residual on an SL+.

Curious what the payment breakdown was. Can you share?

In case anyone wants a good laugh. A local dealer has me on their distribution for the Leaf+ā€¦

ā€œWe donā€™t have one in stock yet, but based on a $38365 MSRP for an S model with a 38% Residual it looks like $3k down $600/m is the initial offer if we sell them at invoice.ā€

Now thatā€™s a hot deal! So hot you canā€™t even touch it.

He sent me another email asking me when I want to come in LOL

SL+ market value - 44,255
discount - 2804
rebate 7825
best price 33,626
extras - 487
Down payment - 0
36 months - 669.84/mo

for comparison purposes, you can get an extended range model 3 with autopilot for $640/month (yeah, 72 months to own, but Iā€™m considering the monthly outlay. With such a crappy residual, may as well buy, at least it would hold itā€™s value ) @matt1028

1 Like

I think Iā€™ve pissed off a couple of local dealers because they canā€™t seem to make me understand how good the deal is. Canā€™t really blame them too much, Nissan is the one setting the rates.

1 Like

Rates and incentivesā€¦yesā€¦msrp discount is on the dealer. Truth is if they wanted to make this a decent deal they would have. They will get buried by competition. The sale number slide is just beginning.

My concern is there may not be as many options as I would have hoped. The 10,000 2019 kia niroā€™s to be made for the year globally have already all been pre-sold (they canā€™t make more because of battery supply), the Kona is so rare, that the 2 that have showed up in the area were selling 10K over msrp. Considering they are using the same battery as the niro, I donā€™t have my hopes up.

Come to AZ and get a leftover 2018. The dealer I got my SV at a month ago still has 7 2018s left. Discounts are pretty good and the money factor is much better than the 2019s. If you donā€™t mind the 40kw that isā€¦ let me know if you want contact info.

https://www.midwaynissan.com/new-inventory/index.htm?year=2018&model=LEAF&cityFuelEconomy=&referrer=%2Fnew-inventory%2Findex.htm&lastFacetInteracted=

I brokered a deal for my dad last week on a 2018 SL, it was $0 DAS for $470/month including tax. He did qualify for VPP and loyalty. They also cut me a check for $300 as part of the deal.

Appreciate that, I remember midway, lived in phoenix about 5 years agoā€¦ Canā€™t imagine making the drive again, that was rough.

Iā€™ve kinda got my heart set on a 60kw at this point :slight_smile:

Yeah I donā€™t blame you, too bad that residual isnā€™t just 10% higherā€¦ one can dream.

Looking to lease a 2019 Nissan Plus (not sure about which trim) Today, test drive a 2019 a Leaf Plus SL. Price quoted was over $40K. Leaning toward leasing but when I went to play with some numbers on the Nissan website, I was getting purchase payments of $800/month and lease $900/month with $4,000 down. Anyone looking at these? Itā€™s been a while since I bought a new car and never a lease so Iā€™m feeling a little lost when it comes to my next step. I wish the dealer would just come out and tell me the cost to lease, but from what Iā€™m reading on this forum, sounds like these monthly payments are in the ballparkā€”no wayā€”really wanted a car that had a range of 220+ but this is a crazy lease price.

Wow that is insane! Nissan needs a reality check w this car and these atrocious lease deals. I am not sure anyone in their right mind is dying to pay more for a Leaf than a Model 3. I hope you laughed in that dealers face and took your money to Tesla (although deals on the 40kw should be easier now, particularly if you can get your hands on a 2018).

1 Like

I second that Model 3 proposition ā€¦either that or a Bolt. Forget Nissan, they will come down to Earth one day.

They probably forgot to insert the tax credit, I had a quote of $700 a while back.

Nissan is in real trouble, I am not sure how they are going to move these things without incentives and leases.

ā€¦conveniently forgotā€¦
Nissan had a head start but they sit on it for too longā€¦and now the new Leaf is honestly not the impressive compared to present competition.

1 Like

Thatā€™s been the story of Nissan of late. 370z and gtr been out for 10 years

I looked at a bolt premier over the weekend, The deals are better on those, and really not a whole lot of differences. Going to be watching the specials, but AFAIC, I would be just as satisfied with either one. Nissan is going to lose a generational customer with itā€™s antics.