Newbie question: 2024 Mercedes GLE 450e PHEV

How much should one expect to be able to negotiate down the sales price from the MSRP when attempting to lease a 2024 GLE?

mb does not allow locking on time of order, once car lands at dealership it will be contracted at whatever is available at the time. Probably why on the hesitancy.

1 Like

So, I’m still searching for this answer and it seems like no one has it - what is the “penalty” for buying out a lease on a GLE? Does anyone have personal experience with this? Knowing that penalty amount would be helpful?

Also, someone here suggested that Tesla restricts lease buyouts that utilized EV lease incentive ($7,500). Is this possible? And could Mercedes do the same thing?

Tesla doesnt allow lease buyouts, period. Has nothing to do with if the $7500 was applied.

Mercedes charges a 4% early buyout penalty in some states. Youll need to look at the lease contract for your state.

1 Like

Can you clarify, is that 4% on the total MSRP, the final sales price or on the amount of the buy out? Obviously will check the fine print on the contract but wanted to check with you first anyway.

:point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2:

1 Like

It’s 4% of your current buyout amount or “adjusted lease balance” in contract terms.

When you get a payoff quote with MBFS online it includes this and all other fees.

So, I finally finished up my order/purchase plan. Frankly, it took longer than I expected it to, but here is what I found for my purpose, your mileage may vary.

First, my goal was to end up owning the car outright, I HATE interest payments unless they are ridiculously low, and that is not the case currently. Second, I wanted a 2024 GLE 450e. I appreciate all of the folks on this thread who mentioned that there may be “better” vehicles available, but I know what I want. I’m not looking for speed, when I want that I drive the sports car. Finally, I had a few options that were not negotiable and a few that I simply could not see myself paying for, they just didn’t make sense for my purposes.

With that background, I reached out to several dealers and in all cases, the penalty for paying off the lease early completely ate up the $7500 credit. As much as I like the idea of keeping money from the government, it just never made sense for me. Moreover, I could not find a dealer who would give me the 13 month lease. They all said that it had been discontinued. This was such a consistent story that I assume it to either be true or a very well-coordinated conspiracy lol. Also, because I had such specific requirements, it made sense to do a build, which is what we are doing.

As for discounts, I managed to talk my way into a $1K discount up front and a $500 fleet discount. Most of us can find some reason for the fleet discount and, frankly, my dealer did not even ask me to prove my eligibility.

Overall, not cheap by any stretch, of course, but the best route for me was to pay outright and be done with it. Like I said, your mileage may vary.

Isn’t it 4% of the payoff? Your payoff would need to be $187,500 for a 4% penalty to be $7,500

So why does the existence of a 13m lease matter? Your plan could be a lease of any length if you’re paying it off in sub 30 days.

There was an additional sum for the penalty, not sure where you got the 4% from. If that’s what you have, then great. I didn’t get that offer.

13 months because I could keep the lease for 13 months and pay off the residual without a penalty and come out ahead. Anything longer and the lease plus residual was more than the original cost minus the $7500.

I don’t think 13 month is over.

It is if you can’t find a dealer willing to offer it to you. :man_shrugging:

Well, find it then!

When the car gets you by the balls, your heart and mind will follow.

Did you tell the dealer you planned on paying off immidiately? They tend to lie so they don’t lose commission.

1 Like

How much was the sum?
What does the contract say?

Can you combine this with 2.5k fleet. I want to see how to qualify for this BOA offer.

Nope. I said I wanted a lease, asked for the 13 month term, and each and every one of them said that it was no longer available. After a period of time we reached the law of diminishing returns.

Following up with this, I don’t know why that would matter so much, their commission is on a sold unit. Why would it matter to them if I leased for 13 months versus 24 months?

I was referring to this statement. Why would lease and immidiately buy eat the 7500?