Newbie question: 2024 Mercedes GLE 450e PHEV

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Deal Check - 2024 Mercedes GLE450e (PHEV)

So following up here… does anyone know if the EV credit expired for this vehicle? Also, can someone help me figure out what I should be paying attention to when I go into negotiate this lease.

Things to keep in mind when replying, I want the GLE450e and I am not interested in the BMW alternative, and I understand that the lease offers on this vehicle are not great. That said, I’d like to do the best I can and I’m not sure what I’m doing when it comes to leasing.

I assume I can knock down the MSRP 3-6k depending on how it goes. That said, how do I figure out if the rest of the deal is good?

Assuming the MSRP is $81k, 3 year lease, 12k miles, and zero money down. I have been operating under the assumption that money down doesn’t really impact whether the lease offer is good or not.

Thanks in advance.

So on a lease, MBFS would get a $7500 credit for leasing it to you no matter what. For you to get the credit on purchasing, it would have to fit the IRS’s current criteria on being built in North America (:white_check_mark:), not having too many battery materials from China and other “entities of concern”, have an MSRP under $80k, and have gotten through the IRS’s process. Right now it’s not on the IRS’s list of eligible vehicles.

But none of that matters if you lease, only if MBFS cares to give you an incentive so they get their credit.

Thanks all for the information and thanks to the OP for the question. I am in the identical situation that she is in. I’m in Virginia headed for the dealership (stealership?) to begin the order process for a GLE 450e. I appreciate the education I’ve gotten here about what to ask, the criteria for the rebates, etc. My goal is to find out how I can take a lease so as to get the $7500 credit and then pay the lease out within a few days. We’ll see how it goes. I have a little bit of an advantage in that there are two dealers within driving distance. If one says something that does not quite sound right, I’ll try the other to verify. I’ll keep you posted.

Please let me know how it goes since i am in the same boat.

Will do Joy. I’m heading in on Monday, I’ll post the results.

If you’re putting in an order then you’re unlikely to get a complete picture offer wise because they don’t really get into specifics if they can’t sell you a car that day.

That said, if you do get a sense for specifics please share them. I’d love to know what the lease terms you are offered include for my one process which is coming up later this month.

Are you saying that from personal experience?

1 Like

Yes, when ordered my vehicle, the salesman was resistant to getting into lease specifics because the rates change during the period of time the car is built. Things like residual value they can provide obviously and they can tell you about bonus cash with the caveat that the same offer may not be available when your car comes in. But I was unable to get much beyond that.

Disclaimer: I have never done a custom build.

Having said that, the programs change from month to month (and dealers don’t know ahead of time how those will change), so I don’t quite understand how the buyrate MF could potentially change while the RV and incentives would “obviously” remain static.

Did they give you a selling price?

1 Like

Dealers will typically lock in the program at the time of your order, so contrary to what was said, the rates/residuals/incentives are known. If the programs change for the better at the time of delivery, you can usually apply those.

Last i checked, MB does not allow this

1 Like

Oh, maybe not then. I was sure that we did that on an order back in 2019 but I could be wrong.

Assuming MB does not allow for locking in the program at the time of order, the RV, MF, and incentives could all potentially change, correct?

How much should one expect to be able to negotiate down the sales price from the MSRP when attempting to lease a 2024 GLE?

mb does not allow locking on time of order, once car lands at dealership it will be contracted at whatever is available at the time. Probably why on the hesitancy.

1 Like

So, I’m still searching for this answer and it seems like no one has it - what is the “penalty” for buying out a lease on a GLE? Does anyone have personal experience with this? Knowing that penalty amount would be helpful?

Also, someone here suggested that Tesla restricts lease buyouts that utilized EV lease incentive ($7,500). Is this possible? And could Mercedes do the same thing?

Tesla doesnt allow lease buyouts, period. Has nothing to do with if the $7500 was applied.

Mercedes charges a 4% early buyout penalty in some states. Youll need to look at the lease contract for your state.

1 Like

Can you clarify, is that 4% on the total MSRP, the final sales price or on the amount of the buy out? Obviously will check the fine print on the contract but wanted to check with you first anyway.

:point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2:

1 Like